About the role
Asia Miles, Asia's leading travel and lifestyle rewards programme, is now looking for an experienced data scientist with strong experience in digital marketing and campaign support to join our Strategy team in Hong Kong.
This role is a pivotal technical leadership role in this team with a wide remit, looking at understanding customer needs and using it to facilitate communications, propositions and tracking solutions to completion with proven results and impact to the overall business strategy.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who aspires to make a change in a progressive, innovation-led business.Key responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Work closely with internal business units such as Marketing & Engagement, Finance and Sales teams and C-Suite
- Understand business stakeholder's needs through strong collaborative relationships and translate these needs into analytics problems
- Use key tools of analytics and data science to come up with tangible, sustainable solutions, and present back to business units with recommendations
- Evaluate model performance and iterate to optimise
- Provide technical leadership to other analysts and data scientists
- Bachelor/ Master Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Psychology, Social Sciences or related discipline
- 3 to 5 years of working experience with big datasets and on large scale analytical projects
- Extensive experience in building data and analytics solutions, data mining, data manipulation, statistical analysis and data visualisation
- Experience in leading large scale analytics projects that drive significant change
- Experience in digital and multichannel marketing
- Expertise in a selection of the following: Hadoop, Spark, SQL, SAS, R, Python, Machine Learning, NoSQL databases, Adobe Marketing Suite, Digital Analytics, etc.
- Unearthing knowledge that has led to tangible changes in business value and processes
- Customer-focus mindset - with a view to improve customer lives
- Strong project management and technical leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for their field with genuine interest in human behaviour and curiosity about people and a drive to make things better
- High energy, can-do attitude and ability to deliver high quality output to fast paced deadlines
- Proven track record of working in data mature environment and driving tangible benefits to marketing campaigns