About the role
Asia Miles, Asia's leading travel and lifestyle rewards programme, is looking for an experienced data scientist with a strong background in digital marketing and campaign support to join our Strategy & Analytics team in Hong Kong.
Reporting to the Customer Analytics Lead, this role is a pivotal technical leadership role in a team with a wide remit, working to understand customer needs, facilitate collaboration across business units, proposing and tracking solutions to completion with demonstrable impact on the overall business strategy.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who aspires to make change in a progressive, innovation-led business. Key responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Use key tools of analytics and data science to come up with tangible, sustainable solutions, and present back to business units with recommendations
- Work closely with internal business units such as Strategy, Marketing & Engagement, Finance and Sales teams and C-Suite
- Understand business stakeholders' needs through strong collaborative relationships and translate these needs into analytics problems
- Evaluate model performance and iterate to optimise
- Bachelor/ Master's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Psychology, Social Sciences or related discipline
- At least 8 years of working experience with big datasets and on large scale analytical projects
- Extensive experience in building data and analytics solutions, data mining, data manipulation, statistical analysis and data visualisation
- Experience in leading large scale analytics projects that drive significant change
- Expertise in a selection of the following: Hadoop, Spark, SQL, SAS, R, Python, Machine Learning, NoSQL databases, Adobe Marketing Suite, Digital Analytics, etc.
- Experience with deep learning, classification, recommendation engines, optimisation, AB testing, complex visualisations, forecasting, NLP, ensemble models, Bayesian approaches, active learning or sentiment analysis
- Experience in digital and multichannel marketing. A customer focused mindset with a drive to improve customer lives
- Strong project management, communication and technical leadership skills
- Passion for this field with genuine interest in human behaviour, curiosity about people and a drive to make things better
- High energy, can-do attitude and ability to deliver high quality output to fast paced deadlines