The ASW Group legal function is comprised of approximately 52 lawyers across Asia and Europe. The Group's central legal team of 8 lawyers is based at the Group's headquarters in Hong Kong and is an integral part of the ASW Group management team. The legal functions in other subdivisions are based in country and are assigned to support the separate business units. The innovative, award winning team was most recently recognised in the GC Powerlist in 2018, and is focused on solving problems relating to increased complexity in the regulatory environment and the digital transformation of the business. Role:
A varied commercial role, with an IP focus, supporting both AS Watson Group and individual business units. Working in a fast changing and dynamic environment, offering an outstanding opportunity for personal development
- Managing a portfolio with over 3,000 trademarks for all AS Watson Group business units: liaising with external IP agents, managing trademark searches, applications,oppositions and invalidations, advising on register ability of proposed marks,
enforcement of IP rights;
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating various types of commercial operational contracts (both English and Chinese), including, trading agreements, NDAs, IT services agreements, software as a service, software licensing, logistics agreements,distribution agreements, adtech etc.;
- Advising on ad hoc intellectual property matters;
- Drafting and reviewing IP assignments and licensing agreements;
- Supporting and training colleagues on contracts involving IT, online marketing, digital media, social media, big data;
- Advising business units on advertising clearance.
- Qualified Hong Kong lawyer; Practical and commercially astute;
- Minimum 4-5 years' PQE experience working in law firm or commercial sector.
- Experience in retail business will be an advantage;
- Experience in a technology rich/digital environment (including adtech, digital transformation, IT; social media; big data);
- Experienced in intellectual property matters and other general commercial practice;
- Experience in TDO and data privacy matters will be an advantage;
- Good drafting skills; Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Well-organized project manager and able to work under pressure;
- Willingness to train business and knowledge share with colleagues;
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, Putonghua is a plus.