As an integral part of the A.S. Watson Group Legal Team, reporting to the Group General Counsel, the Head of Regulatory has overall responsibility for regulatory matters across the A.S. Watson Group. The
remit is global - covering A.S. Watson's businesses across Europe and Asia.
Engaging with stakeholders across the Group, the Head of Regulatory is responsible for setting the relevant policy framework and advising the business on appropriate conduct and risk management to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
The principal focus areas are data privacy, competition/anti-trust, anti-bribery & corruption, consumer protection, marketing & advertising and CSR.
The Head of Regulatory is supported by a team of specialists, including the Head of Data Privacy and Security, as well as regulatory focused members of the Legal Team in Asia and Europe. The team
strives to stay ahead of regulatory change and to ensure the business understands the implications of new laws and regulations to enable them to adapt accordingly.
The Head of Regulatory is also actively engaged with the wider CK Hutchison Competition and Regulatory Affairs Group, which advises CK Hutchison businesses on regulatory issues affecting the Group, including representation on the CKHH Data Privacy working group. Requirements:
- Determining strategic direction and implementation of Group-wide governance framework for regulatory
compliance in key areas;
- Developing policies and procedures, including practical guidance and checklists for the business;
- Implementing training programmes to support the policy framework, including face-to-face workshops and online modules;
- Engaging with internal stakeholders to facilitate better understanding of relevant regulatory risks across the business;
- Supporting the internal audit team with implementation of appropriate governance protocols to manage compliance and providing advisory support for routine audits;
- Ad-hoc advisory support to the BUs and local legal teams on regulatory matters;
- Managing regulatory investigations, overseeing notifications and liaising with regulatory authorities as needed;
- Crisis management, including advising key stakeholders on the legal implications arising from a regulatory breach;
- Providing regular reporting to management on key regulatory developments.
- Bachelor's degree and legally qualified from an accredited university / college;
- Over 10 years PQE with international law firm or in-house multinational;
- Solid experience of dealing with regulatory matters, in particular data privacy and competition law;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and sound judgment;
- Practical,commercially astute approach;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across the organisation at all levels and geographical locations;
- Strong written and oral skills in English. Other languages are an advantage.
Watson House,1-5 Wo Liu Hang Road,Fo Tan,Shatin NT Hong Kong