is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
Atkins is now member of SNC Lavalin Organisation . Founded in 1911
is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins
has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries. Job Description
An excellent in-house opportunity has arisen for a motivated 2-3 year PQE lawyer from an engineering, construction and projects background to work as a lawyer supporting the APAC regional businesses the SNC Lavalin Group.
You will have experience working for a leading private practice law firm and/or have relevant in-house legal experience. As regional legal adviser, you will report to the Legal Director (APAC) and assist with a broad range of engineering, procurement and construction matters across the region, setting up complex joint ventures, managing disputes and advising the commercial team on contract negotiations. You will interact directly with key stakeholders in the region including regional business divisions and group functions. Requirements Essential
- Excellent academic qualifications (including degree)
- Training contract with a leading private practice law firm in a common law jurisdiction with relevant engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) experience.
- Excellent drafting skills and excellent attention to detail
- Able to balance legal advice with sound commercial judgement
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Sensitivity to regional compliance and other risks
- Ability to deal with in-house clients at all levels including the senior management of the organisation
- Ability to thrive in a small, close-knit team
· In-house legal experience: relevant secondment or otherwise
· Languages (Cantonese and/or Mandarin preferred but not essential)
Note : Shortlisted Applicants will have 2-3 levels of Interviews.
• Assisting with the negotiation and drafting of EPC agreements and supporting documents.
• Reviewing a wide variety of contract documents, including consultancy agreements, industry standard documents (LOGIC, FIDIC, NEC3), collateral warranties, parent company guarantees, confidentiality agreements, and master services agreements.
• Assisting in evaluating disputes brought against/by the company and managing the resolution of those claims with the business units and insurers.
• Liaising with and assisting in managing external lawyers on litigation and all other matters including tribunal claims, M&A work, large and complex non-contentious matters and professional negligence claims.
• Liaising with other Group Corporate functions (Commercial, Tax, Treasury, Insurance, Company Secretary, Compliance).
• Assisting in the maintenance, developments and drafting standard terms and conditions and policies, procedures and guidance notes.
• Training of staff within the business on legal/commercial developments or issues.
• Attending commercial forum meetings, project risk management reviews and other meetings as required.
Note : Shortlisted applicants will undergo 2-3 levels of interviews