Atkins is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. On July 3, 2017, Atkins was acquired by SNC-Lavalin. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
For more information, visit www.atkinsglobal.com . Duties & Essential Job Functions
- Set up and Implement the latest design software on projects i.e. Revit, Civil 3D, Navisworks.
- Set up and Implement the latest cloud based collaboration systems on projects i.e. BIM 360, ProjectWise.
- Proactively review and evaluate automation software such as Dynamo, Python, Forge to see how they can be utilised efficiently on projects.
- Participate in our Global Digital Design Delivery (DDD) initiative to develop efficient company workflows and processes and recommend the adoption and / or development of tools to facilitate these workflows and processes.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Atkins corporate standards and take part in reviews and updates of these standards and templates.
- Automate routines in BIM to support standards and productivity.
- Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards
- Facilitate training for internal staff on BIM and the authoring tools used at Atkins
- Maintain a high level of competency of all BIM software tools used at Atkins
- Continuous professional development through attendance at conferences, seminars and workshops for BIM
- Work with project teams to develop and implement Digital Delivery strategies, BIM Execution Plans and workflows and processes in accordance with Atkins Corporate Standards, Client requirements and industry best practice i.e. BS/PAS1192.
- Be responsible for BIM Execution Plan development, implementation and enforcement.
- Support project standards coordination with clients
- Help resolve BIM design issues
- Manage the Common Data Environment (CDE) of the project, and the distribution of coordinated digital documents to the project teams
- Participate in Project coordination and progress meetings
- Collaborate with external consultants and other project stakeholders, ensure safe and efficient handling of shared BIM models in accordance with CDE processes
- Degree holder in Civil / Structural Engineering or related disciplines.
- At least 10 years' experience delivering multi-disciplined design projects in BIM
- Advanced understanding of BIM processes and the ability to develop this on new projects.