Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.comJob Description
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
The position will report to Senior Finance Director of North Asia Pacific, Materials Group. The role will need to provide leadership on the controllership and compliance on finance of North Asia region. It will also lead and supervise the North Asia Shared Service Center, located in China, Kunshan which service China, Korea, Japan and Hong Kong, to ensure accurate reporting and in compliance with US GAAP, local statutory requirements and Avery policy across the region. The role will be stationed in Kunshan, or could be based in Shanghai but with heavy travel to Kunshan.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Ensure Financial Compliance (SOX, Trade Compliance, Financial Policy, Procedural Compliance, etc.) within the region.
- Identify procedural or control weaknesses / inefficiency / opportunities to achieve efficiency savings.
- Provide practical recommendations and solutions to Business / Operations.
- Manage accounting operations / tax / treasury / internal and external audit matters for China and provide support and advice on regional level.
- To develop effective working relationship, sharing best practices and be a strategic business partner with business partners in BU, Regional and Global team. Assisting in executing global finance and SSC strategy.
(ii) Compliance / Controllership
- Accessing, planning and taking part in conducting Balance Sheet Review reviews; develop improvement plan / weakness remediation actions and ensure timing closure of findings
- Policy compliance assessments and control policy exception requirements
- Co-ordinate and present quarterly regional attestation, balance sheet reviews
- Responsible for SOX compliance, SOX processes coordination with Relevant P1 sites and Corp SOX Management
- Ensure Financial Compliance by North Asia BU. Keep abreast of issues and updated compliance requirements within the region.
- Keep the team updated and provide training to the team on any new policies, new GAAP and financial rules.
- Lead or support Regional ad hoc internal controls / Compliance / Analytical projects.
- Work closely with Internal Audit, Corporate SOX team, Legal, Trade Compliance, Tax and local finance teams across N Asia to carry out compliance roles and responsibilities.
- Review processes / flows and undertake reengineering techniques to establish / improve / streamline business process improvement solutions across the organization
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- Qualified accountant with a bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- At least 10 years of solid experience in process improvement; regional and practical Accounting/Finance/Audit experience gained from MNCs, manufacturing experience a plus.
- SOX, IAS / IFRS, FCPA, US GAAP and local Chinese tax and accounting regulations knowledge
- Solid track record in implementing sizable and cross function projects
- Details-oriented, customer-focused, strong understanding of challenges pertaining to complexity business (issues, processes and organization structure)
- Problem solving skill, self-motivated and able to work under tight deadlines, good time management skills
- Good communication, analytical, presentation and reporting skills (verbal and documentation)
- Strong leadership and a team player
- Excellent spoken and written English and Chinese (Putonghua)
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Powerpoint and experience in automation a definite advantage
- As a back up to Finance Director / FP&A function. Having FP&A or commercial finance experience is a plus.
- Willing to travel upon needs. Able to work within multi-cultural environment.
- Individuals that are able to showcase scalability. Or rather, capability to cope and perform under increased or expanding responsibilities.
- For candidates located outside of Kunshan, 50% travel to Kunshan office every week is expected.