Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
You will be responsible for Process Improvement, Sourcing Strategies, Cost Saving and Supplier Management for Chemicals across SAPSSA (South Asia Pacific Sub Saharan Africa). You will be leading a regional team across the region. You will report to Procurement Director. You will be based in Kajang Selangor.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
● Lead SAPSSA (South Asia Pacific Sub Saharan Africa) standardization and consolidation Coordinate and consolidate multi-site / local unit Chemicals Procurement process solutions across Avery Dennison businesses.
● Work with key internal stakeholders to implement best practices and ensure operational efficiencies
● Improve cooperation across geographic and organization boundaries by identifying barriers and working with Regional Purchasing Leaders and Global Director to eliminate barriers.
● Develop regional chemicals sourcing strategy and execute the plan.
● Lead SAPSSA (South Asia Pacific Sub Saharan Africa) supplier negotiations and contract execution
● Categorize spend data in support of overall Procurement strategies
● Track and report savings
● Identify and deliver cost savings targets across SAPSSA (South Asia Pacific Sub Saharan Africa)
● Work to develop/publish/implement strategies that enable high quality, delivery, and productivity cost savings.
● Support procure-to-pay process improvements within region
● With assistance of cross-divisional team, develop method of objectively measuring and scoring the performance of each supplier
● Analyze suppliers and markets to identify trends, industry dynamics, opportunities for marketplace advantage, and new ideas for products, processes and services
● Gather information about competitors’ materials, technologies, supply base, sourcing strategies, etc. to benchmark competitors’ costs, service, etc.
● Develop and maintain appropriate and productive supplier relationships
● Negotiate with suppliers to achieve the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need.
● Manage Regional Team across SAPSSA (South Asia Pacific Sub Saharan Africa).
● Act as a team role model and change-agent. Positively lead and influence members of interactive areas to partner together to achieve individual and business goals.
● Bachelor’s degree required.
● 5+ years purchasing experience in Chemicals/monomers/silicones/adhesive components or related industry.
● Experience in vendor selection and negotiation skills with strong business acumen.
● Experience of negotiating and developing contracts.
● Possess leadership and project management experience and skills.
● Strong analytical skills/strategic thinker
● Results orientated
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● 1 month Contractual bonus with Variable Bonus for confirmed employees
● Bi-Annual Medical Checkup.
● Medical Consultation outpatient coverage for self, spouse and children.
● Additional Dental/Optical benefits
● Insurance Coverage for Self - Hospitalization and Personal accident.
HR Discussion and 2 to 3 Functional Interviews.
CALL TO ACTION
Don’t Delay! We’re hiring as soon as possible. Call Mayuri Ghosh during business hours on +60387279888 Ext 821 to discuss on the role.
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER