Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
REPORTS TO: Senior Global Supply Chain Manager
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
This role will represent Avery Dennison Operations and Supply Chain organization with key RBOs to be their single point of contact to resolve operational issues from end to end, and ensure service level targets are fulfilled with continuous improvement to become simpler, faster and more competitive. This role has an internal and external element; it is wired directly into the RBO supply chain and our internal supply to create a fully integrated supply chain organization. This global role will be the key interface for Commercial, Operations and Technical teams within the three regions and also be part of the Branding Solutions organization.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
1. Serving as the single point of contact for Operations and Supply Chain with the retail brand.
• Identifying key contact points within the retail brand, and establishing direct wiring with them.
• Establishing a regular cadence with the retail brand to review operational and supply chain performance.
2. Working closely with the account management team to incorporate key operations and supply chain activities into the overall strategy to win at the account.
3. Coordinating key internal stakeholders - account management, customer service, manufacturing, supply chain, quality, etc. - to drive improvement in key metrics (service and quality) and quickly resolve issues .
● RBO-specific operations and supply chain scorecard
● Weekly/monthly/quarterly RBO-specific service level calls
● Quality improvement plans (aligned with regional Ops) for the RBO, by product line
● Quarterly/bi-annual operational performance reviews with the RBO
4. Providing great internal visibility of RBO by demand by product line and sourcing location
● RBO forecast intelligence for demand and capacity planning
● Flagging non-compliance to standards
5. Proactively communicating to the RBO planned product transitions, capacity plans, supply chain disruptions, etc.
• Product/Technology transitions
• Product performance & Technical limitations
• Product Innovation
• Inventory cut overs
• Global capacity utilization management by product line
6. Recommending and developing sourcing strategies to better service the RBO
• Prebuilds for peak season and global inventory management
• Manufacturing n etwork optimization
7. Supporting Program Management with launch and deployment of new programs
● Understand market requirements and operational limitations to set the right expectations with the customer
● Provide intelligence on RBO needs and understand market requirements and operational limitations program background and customer expectations
● Support new programs deployments
8. Excellent communication skills and Influencing Power to different functions and global teams to drive execution.
9. Around 25% travelling to connect with the local teams in different regions involved with the RBO.
10. Supporting other cross-functional teams to bridge any gaps.
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
• 3-5 Years supply chain and project management, technical customer support or related experience
• Fluent English and Japanese
• Previous e xperience working wit h a commercial organization . Direct customer interface experience is a plus.
• Solid Experience to navigate a complex matrix organization , drive alignment and execute across multiple functions/stakeholder groups.
• Strong analytical skills, and proven ability to develop and execute a plan .
• Good project management skills.
• Willingness to travel ( 20-30 %)