About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.comJob DescriptionYOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
QualificationsWHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- Strategy & Implementation : Define market & product plans, which clearly establish product positioning (or product differentiation strategies) versus competitive products, product development direction, service programs, pricing & margins guidelines and profitability targets. This includes the development of new market and/or applications.
- Growing the Business : Define and drive short and mid-term product plans and longer term product road maps and end use customer program. Grow the business by developing and introducing new and up-graded products to address product gaps in the market.
- Product Launches & Support : Conduct competitive product assessments and develop new product or product positioning strategies to compete. Drive product launches with communication and training. Ensure that new products are introduced professionally, with appropriate positioning, pricing, sales materials, promotions and accompanying services. Seek end user insights to create new ideas/products for specific segment requirements with PLT (Product Line teams)
- Relationships: Establish and maintain in close co-operation with LPM Asia Pacific, a successful long term product strategy to achieve required sales value and margins along with the objectives (manage product life cycle).
- Product Portfolio & Inventory : Manage the regional product portfolio to ensure that the right inventory and/or products are manufactured or kept at the distribution centers & plants.
- Measurement and Analysis : Assess current revenue performance and monitor product profitability. Partner with organization (Sales / BDMs) to ensure development of programs, tools initiatives to improve performance. Manage products with respect to forecast, packaging, range, logistic requirements, etc.
- Margin : Manage product profitability.
- Participate as a member of the PLT team, share best practices, learning’s and strategies across the regions
- Support Segment Marketing manager to develop new marketing initiatives that contribute Avery Dennison China business.
COMPETENCY WILL INCLUDE:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 3 years of commercial business experience, including at least 2 years within the Food industry. Meat Food packaging experience highly valued. Candidates should have relevant experience in marketing and/or packaging design.
- Experience in product development and new product commercialization
- Proven track record in building and maintaining customer relationships
- Must be able establish good end user business relationship, establish new contacts..
- Fluent in both English and Chinese language; excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Other language skills highly value (Japanese language is a plus)
- Open and innovative mindset to propose new idea and action
- Act strategically & drive for results
- Excellent project leadership skills in multi-functional team settings, concept selling skills
- Ensure execution, capable of conducting a detailed analysis and recommending clear action plans
- Effective negotiations skills, resourceful and proactive in solving problems and delivering solutions
- Focus on customers, able to network with end users, customers, and channel partners.
- Build relationships, demonstrated capability to develop end user relationships across all functions and levels
- High degree of personal integrity, sense of duty to contribute meaningfully and an attitude willing to share credit for accomplishment.
- Individuals that are able to showcase scalability. Or rather, capability to cope and perform under increased or expanding responsibilities