· Develop in-depth understanding of Enterprise Lean Sigma philosophy and methods as demonstrated by successful training and certification in these areas.
· Analyze Supply Chain and help identify projects or process changes that will eliminate non-value added activities and create or improve processes that add value to our customers.
· Successfully initiate and lead and implement projects assigned.
· Be a change agent – challenge old ways of doing business and implement breakthrough improvements.
· Motivate others to accept process changes and take ownership.
· Report results and issues to ELS Manager.
· Train, educate, and mentor others in the organization on Lean/Sigma principles.
· Identify project opportunities within site or across business unit. Identify and remove organizational barriers to continuous improvement process.
· Drive site’s layout and flow process improvement efforts. Drive efforts on applying best practices.
· Use the Value Stream Map to establish the baseline process and measure progress.
· Track and report on project Continuous Improvement metrics.
· Bachelor degree or above.
· Recently certified Black Belt or relatively new in role process or project engineers preferred. Typically have 5+ year’s related business, operations or lean experience (technical and/or manufacturing) preferred.
· Proven leadership skills
· High Energy, passion for excellence, bias for action.
· Excellent project management skills.
· Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively present complex topics in a concise manner.
· Effective interpersonal skills dealing with people at various levels and in a variety of functions.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively lead Change.
· Strong quantitative and analytical capability – strong statistical background and computer literacy a plus.
· Critical thinking skills. Substantial, relevant experience in logistics.
· Solid understanding of business issues, metrics, and customer value.
· Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes and function specific software.