Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com . Job Description ABOUT YOUR ROLE
- Develop new business opportunities in the Beverage and wine & spirits segments in line with the Avery Dennison Marketing Plan.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE :
- Develop a solid network of relationships with key decision makers at targeted companies to build a solid opportunity pipeline and drive the overall adoption of pressure sensitive technologies.
- Work closely with segment marketing manager, regional/global partners to define and align product and service strategies that drive segment growth and profitability.
- Develop deep understanding of key packaging trends in the industry and derive implications for future label stock demand
- Provide commercial team and customers with segment related information and strategy through training, meeting, reports.
- Co-work with other segment BDM’s to leverage general marketing capability of Avery Dennison
- Strategy & Implementation: Define market & product plans, which clearly establish product positioning (or product differentiation strategies) versus competitive products, product development direction, service programs, pricing & margins guidelines and profitability targets. This includes the development of new market and/or applications.
- Growing the Business: Define and drive short and mid-term product plans and longer term product roadmaps and end use customer program. Grow the business by developing and introducing new and up-graded products to address product gaps in the market.
- Product Launches & Support: Conduct competitive product assessments and develop new product or product positioning strategies to compete. Drive product launches with communication and training. Ensure that new products are introduced professionally, with appropriate positioning, pricing, sales materials, promotions and accompanying services. Seek end user insights to create new ideas/products for specific segment requirements with PLT (Product Line teams)
- Relationships: Establish and maintain in close co-operation with L G M Asia Pacific, a successful long term product strategy to achieve required sales value and margins along with the objectives (manage product life cycle).
- Product Portfolio & Inventory: Manage the regional product portfolio to ensure that the right inventory and/or products are manufactured or kept at the distribution cent er s & plant s .
- Measurement and Analysis: Assess current revenue performance and monitor product profitability. Partner with organization ( Sales / BDMs) to ensure development of programs, tools initiatives to improve performance. Manage products with respect to forecast, packaging, range, logistic requirements, etc.
- Participate as a member of the PLT team, share best practices, learning’s and strategies across the regions
- Support Segment Marketing manager to develop new marketing initiatives that contribute Avery Dennison business.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 3 years of commercial business experience, including at least 2 years within the Beverage or Wine industry.
- Local wine packaging experience highly valued. Candidates should have relevant experience in sales or marketing and/or packaging design.
- Experience in new product commercialization and related commercial actions
- Proven track record in building and maintaining customer relationships in sales or marketing
- Presentation skill ( developing PPT slides with key message, making speech to people)
- Fluent in both English and Chinese language; excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ready to take frequent travel across China for business development
COMPETENCY WILL INCLUDE:
- Act strategically & drive for results
- Excellent project leadership skills in multi-functional team settings, concept selling skills
- Ensure execution, capable of conducting a detailed analysis and recommending clear action plans
- Effective negotiations skills, resourceful and proactive in solving problems and delivering solutions
- Focus On Customers – Ability to network with end users, customers, and channel partners.
- Build Relationships Demonstrated capability to develop End User relationships across all functions and levels
- High degree of personal integrity; sense of duty to contribute meaningfully and an attitude willing to share credit for accomplishment.