Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
The Team Leader trains and leads assigned team(s), but normally does not have Direct Reports, performance management responsibilities nor direct hiring, firing, or disciplinary action responsibilities.
- Control and Follow Tracking, Order and Digital Layout.
- Develop and follow the Process of new item development.
- Utilizes creative skill to produce original artwork or enhance existing artwork to be used in the development of external customer brand identification programs, which may include labels, logos, and apparel trim, packaging and other products.
- Participate in daily MDI meeting in Prepress department.
- Independently resolves advanced questions and problems by referring to established procedures and polices.
- Monitor and evaluate team members, and adjust training where needed
- Orients, trains, assigns and checks the work of junior level employees.
- May provide input to management regarding individual team member performance.
- College degree or above; Major in printing engineering, packaging or related;
- 2 years directly related experience.
- Knowledgeable of internal products, manufacturing, and pre-press processes
- Well organized individual with an ability to handle multiple deadline driven projects simultaneously.
- Experienced in managing printing and pre-press process with suppliers
- Basic communication in English
- Understanding of applicable computer systems/software, such as MAC OS, Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, File Maker & Illustrator, other function specific software, as well as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, illustration of ideas.