Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Drive and lead product compliance team to establish, implement and improve standard operation process in global perspective, including RSL, root cause investigation, testing arrangement, legislation review, etc
- Establish communication channel with external stakeholders, including brand name compliance team, laboratory, consultant, market group, for continuous exchange idea on product compliance and benchmark product compliance control process
- Develop compliance program based on new market initiatives, such as ZHDC, MRSL, oekotex, with the best interest in company
- Develop upstream control of raw material compliance
- Coach team member on professional growth and accomplish business goal
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science is preferred
- Minimum 8 years related experience in garment or trims manufacturing field with product compliance related job role
- Thoroughly knowledgeable on product compliance legislation to garment and shoes industry
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent presentation skills & communication skills in both oral and written English.
- Strong team building and mentoring skills, good leadership.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Independent worker, strong problem solving skill
- With the sense of urgency & able to prioritize and complete the assigned task in tight schedule.
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Google, Lotus Notes.
- Willing to travel.