Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com Qualifications ABOUT YOUR ROLE:
With direction from regional Application Engineering (AE) manager and partners, the candidate is required to drive the proactive resolution of strategic product application projects. The Regional Application Expert will formulate, recommend and drive standardization of approach in HTL and Woven heat applied product application at vendors to meet organization needs whilst building regional capability to ensure solutions are customized to complement the working methods of each vendor.
The expert will create and facilitate the transfer of standards/training to the level 1 application support, ensuring that we have service protocols within their specific regions that are aligned to a global norm, and deliver a seamless service to the customer.
In addition the expert will be build relationships with regional commercial and operation leaders to ensure that the expectations and priorities of application team are clearly communicated and are in line with both the regional focus and the global growth identified in the company.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE :
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work independently as technology expert on Heat applied labels (e.g. heat transfer label, woven heat applied label)
- Lead and conduct problem solving for technical developments and quality issues. Identify and diagnose problem and provide suggestion. Summarize the result and observation and write on-site technical visit reports. Present findings to team and stakeholders.
- Provide technical leadership on factory support planning in programs.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects assigned by manager and lead projects together with local engineer
- As a expert to provide technical guidance to the organization and develop technical solution to problems/new developments/new opportunities.
- Provide technical guidance and training to lab and production personnel.
- Create and drive global standards to local engineers aimed at supporting customer proactively and focused; and deliver an application escalation process with high visibility both to customer and company commercial organization.
- Lead the conversation with regional operations and commercial program management to ensure that the work aligned with their strategic vendor relationships and key program roll out.
- Keep close and good relationship with vendors to develop their processes in achieving maximized productivity.
- 5+ Years engineering, research, scientific or related experience with Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong ability to interface effectively with cross-functional groups to define and execute overall requirements.
- Stro ng verbal and written English
- Experience working with Operations and Marketing preferred.
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint), Google
- Skilled in documentation report and continuous improvement.
- Good project handling skills.
- Travel required: 50% or above within Asia region