Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.comJob Description ABOUT YOUR ROLE
This role will be supporting Asia Pacific Regional Treasury operations and play a key business partner role to the finance and business teams across all business units to manager FX risk and implement various treasury projects in Asia Pacific. This role will report to Regional Treasurer in Hong Kong. Responsibilities of the Regional Treasury team include: (i) liquidity and cash management, (ii) cash flow forecasting, (iii) investing excess cash, (iv) loan servicing, and (v) bank relationship management, (vi) foreign currency hedging and various other initiatives. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Foreign Exchange Risk management
- Analyze/Monitor business units’ foreign currency exposure and propose FX hedging strategies to business units and management.
- Provide FX hedge accounting guidance and FX market intelligence to business units.
- Support & facilitate FX hedge request, execution process
- Manage FX hedge request, execution process, effectiveness testing, and regular FX hedging reports.
- Manage various FX/ treasury systems and continuously improve FX process and system, and analytic tools.
- Support on other financial risk management (e.g interest rate, commodity risk) from time to time.
- Funding/Capital Solution
- Analyze business funding need, regulatory requirement and propose optimal funding option and capital structure for various projects or M&A transactions.
- Support business units to improve working capital targets via various banking solutions
- Participate/drive ad hoc project/activities assigned for the region - e.g. cash concentration project, cash repatriation & intercompany loan reduction projects.
- A degree in Finance or related discipline required. ACT or CTP or a recognized professional accountancy/treasury qualification is a plus
- At least 6 years' relevant experience in Corporate Treasury, Finance or Accounting;
- Sound exposure to and technical knowledge of foreign exchange, bank products is preferred
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese
- Capability of working independently and under pressure but equally a team player who is self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Good communication and analytic skills
- Well-versed in computer applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Prior experience with Treasury Workstation is preferred.