Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
1) Act as the product development expert, demonstrating comprehensive technical knowledge for the (insert HTL, Woven/PFL, POS) product line.
2) Effectively manage product development process from customer briefing to artwork development, costing/pricing, sampling, and final approval.
3) Gather customer information/specifications to develop new programs or redesigns of existing programs, driving toward the most value-added solution for the account.
4) Contribute to all relevant initiatives to achieve sales plans in collaboration with Sales.
5) Guide customers to the greatest value solution for their branding needs for a given product line.
6) Attends customer presentations and meetings as required.
7) Liaison between Sales and Global Sampling & Product Deployment hubs to deploy new items to production.
8) Prepares global price proposals using established tools and guidelines. Consults with CPD Manager and Sales when competitive situations arise and escalation is required.
9) Remain current on industry trends and product innovations to effectively partner with customers in leveraging Avery Dennison solutions.
WHAT WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
1) Deep technical knowledge of the (insert POS, HTL, PFL/Woven) product line strongly preferred.
2) 3+ years of experience in new product development.
3) Knowledge of the apparel or label industries.
4) Passion for product trends, insight, possibilities, and development.
5) Demonstrated ability to be highly organized while managing multiple projects to completion against tight deadlines.
6) Highly effective oral and written communication and presentation skills. Team leadership skills.
7) High level of PC skills, including use of with Word, Excel, ERP (Oracle preferred), pricing tools, product/customer databases.
8) Solid mathematical skills for pricing.
9) Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge gained through training and experience