Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
Based in Hong Kong, the Creative Design Manager will be responsible for driving and delivering creative strategy for selected key accounts (retailers and brands) for the North Asia region. The person in this role will work on the development of integrated branding solutions for apparel, footwear and accessories brand and retail industry as it relates to Point of Sale solutions (including branded packaging) and PB branding solutions (including brand identification and brand embellishment). The creative focus is on the development of inspiring, sustainable and intelligent branding programs, which includes the modification/redesign of existing branding concept and the proactive delivery of creative products development in alignment with customer strategy.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE :
● Work closely with the Global Creative Team as well as the Commercial team to align on strategy and to ensure Global best practices are exchange.
● Deliver trend insight on branding, fashion and retail trends and effective trend forecasting.
● Build creative exchanges with Colleges/Universities, utilizing the great resources available through them and leveraging projects and internships for the benefit of the creative teams.
● Coordinating creative assignments of projects with other members of the Creative Team
● Build and nurture relationships with outworkers / consultants / freelancers to enhance to effectiveness and quality of output and delivery
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU :
● Bachelor’s degree in Design, textiles or Fine Arts or equivalent is preferred
● Familiarity with the functions of the apparel and fashion industry and is enthusiastic of the branding and creative challenges,
● Must be able to think creatively as well as strategically.
● Commercially well-informed, good business acumen, decisive and result oriented.
● Experience in the Performance Apparel and Footwear industry.
● Sufficient ability to analytically translate concepts and formulate multiple conceptual alternatives.
● Excellent product project management skills and the ability to bring products from initial concept to launch.
● Ability to develop and implement improvements in the creative process, such as, effective means to rapidly capture and understand customers requirements and proactively research solutions for presentation.
● Position will require a highly energetic individual who appreciates a complex, open, fast-paced, international environment and is self-directed.
● Ability to manage numerous projects/activities simultaneously (multi-task).
● Must be able to maintain creative energy while satisfying customer deadlines and enjoy a fast paced and challenging environment.
● Candidates must provide portfolio or samples of creative aptitudes.
● Strong presentation skills with the ability to present clear and concise concepts and communicate an understanding of the customer’s requirements.
● Ability to communicate with customers and build relationships.
● Must possess good written and verbal communication skills with all internal levels and external customers.
● Ability to interact with cross-functionally groups such as sales, manufacturing, etc.
● Experience of working with multinational teams is preferred.
● Experience in running student and internship programs and liaison with Universities and Colleges preferred.
● Experience in building, nurturing relationships, delegating to and managing outworkers, consultants and freelancers a distinct advantage.
● Strong business ethics and integrity.
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER