Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.comJob Description
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
Enhance organizational capability in supplier and social compliance, providing competitive advantage to RBIS business goals.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Drive the implementation of the internal compliance audit program in all selected plants through training, development and capacity building.
- Developing and executing the company’s brand protection audit strategy to help to mitigate risk and comply with company and customer requirement.
- Ensure social compliance through regular inspections and reporting.
- Review, analyze and report compliance discrepancies for all facilities and suppliers and follow up on CAP
- Investigate problems, develop solutions and teach sites to develop sustainable corrective actions for compliance discrepancies.
- Maintain and overall in charge of RBIS global supplier approval list.
- Coordinate with global procurement team, global quality team & social compliance team for updating supplier status.
- Global contact to Sales for updating brand’s compliance requirement and make sure the update tied up with supplier approval list.
- Establish and implement sustainable procedure to communicate the update with global sites.
- Report status and send alert to key stakeholders periodically.
- Conduct proper issue escalation and handle daily inquiry on supplier approval status
- Assume additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience on Social Compliance audits in China is a must and excellent knowledge in China law / social audit requirement. Experience in other countries will be an advantage
- Experience on Brand Protection, Supply Chain, Quality or Compliance takes an advantage
- Minimum 5 years related experience in garment or trims manufacturing field
- Thoroughly knowledgeable on database administration and systems testing and auditing processes.
- Hands-on project management experience with good project management skills
- Excellent presentation skills & communication skills in both oral and written English
- Strong team building and mentoring skills, good leadership
- Excellent attention to details
- Independent worker, strong problem solving skill
- With the sense of urgency & able to prioritize and complete the assigned task in tight schedule.
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Google, Lotus Notes.
- Willing to travel
- Applicants will less working experience will consider for the position of compliance engineer role