Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and development team. Collect requirements from business stakeholders. Analysis, transform, document, resolve the business problems with the help of the development team.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions. Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Assume Product Owner role as needed, or assist to product owners.
- Participate in Sprint planning, backlog planning sessions
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Managing competing resources and priorities based on business needs and requirements.
- Review and verification of deliverable with the project team (internal acceptance) and client (external acceptance) and ensuring timely completion of projects.
- Maintain and create project documentation (user manual, functional specification, project plan, flowchart etc) up-to-date.
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Work with development team members, contractors and/or vendors to complete assignments.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information System, Business Administration, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Advanced communication skills and ability to manage stakeholder’s expectations.
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Fluent in Chinese and English, Mandarin is an advantage.