Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
● Manages NewGen Omniflow and iBPS applications at the highest level of quality, ensuring that business users have a Tier1 IT support experience.
● Ensures production application systems are stable, highly available and perform consistently; triage and manage incidents and perform troubleshooting activities to restore full services, and work across IT teams to proactively prevent any impact to business operations.
● Ensures rapid restoration of service, follows up on the permanent removal of defects and ensure quality service is provided in an efficient, effective, and proactive manner.
● Tracks and manages application performance metrics to be within production service level requirements.
● Ensures quality delivery of application development and enhancements that meet business requirements.
● Works with all IT support teams to execute application support processes under a global support structure
● Manages demand prioritization; analyze demand and assess gaps between demand and current capacity or capability; Identify opportunities to optimize capacity and capability to meet current and future business needs.
● Support periodic reviews with IT business partners on SLA's, performance metrics and issues, escalations, change requests and improvements.
● Collaborates with IT business partners to overcome issues impacting service delivery and executes operational improvement initiatives. Encourages best practice and knowledge sharing across IT teams.
● Ensures SOX compliance, vendors & contractors compliance to IT security policies.
● Ensures that documentation of applications, support SOPs and guidelines are created and accurately maintained.
● Positively works with other team members to partner together to achieve business goals.
● Aligns with Corporation’s Code of Business Ethics and Values.
● Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
● 3+ years relevant experience IT or equivalent with supervisory, project management, consulting, and business process reengineering preferably in a manufacturing environment. 2+ years preferably working in a global environment
● Strong technical and functional knowledge of Newgen Omniflow & iBPS software with very strong knowledge of manufacturing business.
● Excellent technical, functional, analytical, troubleshooting, problem diagnosing and solving skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships and contribute in a global team environment.
● Experience with application life cycle and management methodologies.
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
● Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and commitments in fast paced dynamic environment.
● Ability to manage day to day operations and provide direction to internal and contractor.
● Adaptive to work with a global mindset
● Strong technical management and diverse skills including plan, organize, and control activities.
● Experience working with matrixed and geographically distributed teams, and an offshore/onshore collaborative Environment.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact effectively with external and internal key
stakeholders across multiple countries and cultures
Willingness to travel occasionally (expected travelling rate: 30-50%)