Avery Dennison (NYSE:AVY) is a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions. The company applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major market and industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers with insights and innovations that help make brands more inspiring and the world more intelligent.
Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.3 billion in 2014. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
ABOUT AVERY DENNISON RBIS
Avery Dennison RBIS, a global leader in apparel and footwear industry solutions, is a $1.6 billion division of Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY). Avery Dennison RBIS provides intelligent creative and sustainable solutions that elevate brands and accelerate performance throughout the global retail supply chain. We elevate brands through graphic tickets, tags and labels, embellishments and packaging solutions that enhance consumer appeal. We accelerate performance through RFID enabled inventory and loss prevention solutions, price management, global compliance, and brand security solutions.
Based in Westborough, Massachusetts Avery Dennison RBIS responsibly serves the global marketplace with operations in 115 locations, 50 countries, across 6 continents. For more information, visit www.rbis.averydennison.com.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The candidate is responsible for customer on-boarding and migration activities which include but not limited to vendor management, governance providing advisory and recommendations for enhancements, developing of global standardization of processes and procedures, liaise and collaborate with development teams as well as business partners in ensuring the support and services are aligned with business. He or she should also be familiar with IT governance, service delivery, business continuity on IT applications and services through the adoption of best practices such as ITIL, CMMI and SOX. He or she will be responsible to develop, mentor and manage the global teams and outsourced partner(s) with close guidance from the IT director.
Key Responsibilities Include:
● Manage risks and interdependencies, within project and across projects; mitigate risks, and drive issues to resolution through effective project governance
● Setup and facilitate effective project governance and stakeholder communications
● Advise IT senior management concerning IT issues and their impact to the corporation's business strategy
● Manage projects through the entire lifecycle - planning, managing schedules, identifying and managing risks & issues, clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders, tracking and reporting
● Collaborate with leadership team to plan resourcing requirements.
● Partner with Vendor organization to identify, manage and mentor the team members
● Develop, maintain and distribute - project plan, project schedule, project budget & variances, issues & action items log, communication plans, meeting minutes, risks assessment and mitigation plans
● Provide Project Management and Business analysis support for eCommerce & EDI team.
● Partner with internal and external development teams across all tracks to deliver on time and with the quality required.
● Manage the global PRCR development team in supporting RBOs onboarding and migration across multiple ecommerce applications
● Manage escalations and senior leadership reporting related to onboardings and support
● Ensuring that solutions being deployed are adequately supported through knowledge transfer to the support team by the Development team
● Ensure Change and Configuration database management are maintained
● Participate in developing scope and business case for the project phases
● Provide financial reports as needed - including forecast, fiscal month end reports/accruals
● Provide periodical progress reports and updates to stakeholders
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING TO THE TEAM:
● Demonstrates the following leadership principles:
Displays innovative thinking by bringing broad and unique perspectives to ideas or situations,
challenging old ways of thinking and envisioning a world of possibilities. Creates an environment where new ideas thrive, and encourages break-through thinking.
● Relentlessly focuses on the actions that drive the business forward. Creates and sustains an
environment that supports, recognizes and rewards a bias for action and results. Is willing to be held accountable and/or hold others accountable to results.
● Motivates and engages others to achieve high performance. Creates an environment where people want to do their best, have a sense of purpose, can see how their contributions impact results, and rally together to achieve
● Effectively translates insights into opportunities for Avery Dennison. Is curious and dedicated to understanding the customer by uncovering needs and exploring innovative solutions to problems. Acts with the customer in mind and influences others to do the same. Continuously reinforces the importance of the customer to the broader organization.
● Candidate exhibiting traits of being competitive, being fast and looks for simple solutions to complex problems.
● Excellent communications skills including written, verbal and presentation skills and ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people clearly and concisely
● Proven Competencies in Risk Assessment/Management, Time Management, Conflict Management, Leadership and Communications
● Able to work independently with minimal supervision, yet cooperatively and manage a global team Detail oriented and have a strong commitment to excellence, attention to detail, high accountability, ownership,responsiveness, strong customer service focus and continual improvement mindset
● Good team player and initiative. Collaboration and teamwork oriented
● Proficiency in the English language
● Attention to detail, high accountability, strong customer service focus, continual improvement mindset
● Ability to travel as needed
● Ability to work a flexible schedule
● A Bachelor degree in computer science or related area is required.
● PMP/Other Project management certification is nice to have
● 10 to 15 years professional experience in IT service delivery or business equivalent with 2+ years prior supervisory or management experience
● Detailed analytical abilities
● Strong experience in System Migrations/Integrations
● Strong experience in user testing and project management
● Strong experience in data modeling and data management
● Strong experience in business and requirements analysis
● Strong experience in business and solution analysis using Agile methodology
● Vendor Management
● Requirements Analysis
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.