Avery Dennison (NYSE:AVY) is a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions. The company applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major market and industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers with insights and innovations that help make brands more inspiring and the world more intelligent.
Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.3 billion in 2014. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
ABOUT AVERY DENNISON RBIS
Avery Dennison RBIS, a global leader in apparel and footwear industry solutions, is a $1.6 billion division of Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY). Avery Dennison RBIS provides intelligent creative and sustainable solutions that elevate brands and accelerate performance throughout the global retail supply chain. We elevate brands through graphic tickets, tags and labels, embellishments and packaging solutions that enhance consumer appeal. We accelerate performance through RFID enabled inventory and loss prevention solutions, price management, global compliance, and brand security solutions.
Based in Westborough, Massachusetts Avery Dennison RBIS responsibly serves the global marketplace with operations in 115 locations, 50 countries, across 6 continents. For more information, visit www.rbis.averydennison.com.
We are seeking a Software Solutions Architect to join the RBIS’s (Retail Branding and Information Solutions) Apparel team. This role will be accountable for defining and executing the strategy for software solutions architectural design, development, and deployment of the same. This includes establishing solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms. This could include, but not limited to, cloud-based, web-based, 3rd party software integration, and RPA based technologies.
Successful candidate will be current on industry trends & emerging technologies for the system architecture. Must collaborate with diverse teams to collect requirements, collaborate and supervise external 3rd party technical staff and engage internal technical experts to complete projects. Works on complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge.
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining Apparel’s software.
- Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with Enterprise standards and technology roadmap.
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers, and software development teams.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Work with the enterprise architects, other solution architects and domain SMEs to ensure project fit with the technology roadmaps.
- Identify, create and maintain appropriate solution architecture artifacts throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Identify, create, extend and maintain reusable architectural patterns to facilitate the development of future solutions.
- Develop comprehensive software solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms.
- Research, recommend and ensure effective security protocols, applications and strategies to ensure the integrity of the solutions.
- Work with stakeholders, including business, product, and UX team members to influence the application architecture and design.
- Ensure internal software meets requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, etc.
- Collaborate and supervise numerous external activities through 3rd Party consultants, industry experts and application partners.
- Communicate effectively all concepts and guidelines to development team.
- Comfortable designing solutions that encompass technologies like AI/ML, Blockchain.
- 10+ years experience in Software Development with proven architecture, analysis, project management, and consulting experience preferably in a manufacturing environment on a large or global scope.
- Hands-on experience in developing solution architecture design for large-scale global e-Commerce, ERP and/or MRP applications.
- Experience in developing Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- 5 years of modern front-end development experience. Familiar with current technologies and trends.
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture using Java.
- Understanding of network OSI model and network protocols such as TCP, UDP, DHCP, etc.
- Experience with a systems development life cycle model (e.g. systems analysis, requirements gathering).
- Experience in evaluating 3rd party vendors and solutions.
- Experience architecting reusable frameworks for systems and platform.
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles.
- High quality organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities.
- Self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritize and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Results oriented with ability to produce products that deliver organisational benefit
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude, customer focused and have good sense of urgency
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related discipline.
- Certification in Enterprise Architecture (e.g. TOGAF) or in a related discipline is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.