Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
We are now seeking an EHS (Environmental Health & Safety) manager to join us and responsible for our Kunshan Campus and Changzhou Solvent Plant (two plants directly in charge and one research center cooperated).
Ø Identifies, prioritizes, designs and implements EHS initiatives, activities and programs.
Ø Ensures EHS practices compliance with local and company standards, able to conduct Compliance Audit or attend the audit, identify improvement opportunities and corrective actions.
Ø Provides guidance to leadership members on major aspects of environment, health and safety including, but not limited to: PSM, PPE, Emergency Response Plans, Mobile Equipment, Crane and Hoist, Confined Space, Hot Work, Asbestos, Hearing Conservation, LOTO, etc. and all associated training and Job Safety Analysis/Risk assessment.
Ø Establish annual EHS targets and objectives, including yearly AOP and safety budget.
Ø Maintains the EHS Management System effective.
Ø Communication with government agencies, stay informed on compliance regulations and other issues.
Ø Provide vision and work with all levels of employees to create and maintain safety culture.
Ø Manages contractor EHS processes.
Ø Responds to employees’ EHS concerns.
Ø Leads safety and 5S audits, monitoring and ensuring identified items are addressed.
Ø Organize the investigation on injuries and serious NM, chemical release, identify root causes and initiates necessary corrective and preventive actions, and follow up with employee and supervisor on corrective action.
Ø Organize monthly safety meetings.
Ø Lead company level EHS training programs.
Ø Provide technical expertise to line management team members on key governmental regulations pertaining to environment, health and safety.
Ø Complete and submit monthly report in time.
· BS(or above)degree in Engineering. Safety Engineering or Environment Engineering, Chemistry related major preferred
· Minimum of 6 years demonstrated EHS experience in a manufacturing environment, including environmental and safety MNC experience.
· Experience with Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis.
· Management experience, lead 1-2 people before
· At least 3 years in leading EHS programs.
· Good time-management ability.
· Good communication skills, especially for cross-functional departments.
· Experience and strong ability on preparing and delivering EH&S training.
· Fluency in Mandarin and English ensuring effective written and verbal communication skills in both languages.
· Fluent computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint