About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison is an equal opportunity employer.
About Avery Dennison RBIS
Avery Dennison RBIS, a global leader in apparel and footwear industry solutions, is a $1.4 billion division of Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY). Avery Dennison RBIS provides intelligent creative and sustainable solutions that elevate brands and accelerate performance throughout the global retail supply chain. We elevate brands through graphic tickets, tags and labels, embellishments and packaging solutions that enhance consumer appeal. We accelerate performance through RFID enabled inventory and loss prevention solutions, price management, global compliance, and brand security solutions.
Based in Westborough, Massachusetts Avery Dennison RBIS responsibly serves the global marketplace with operations in 115 locations, 50 countries, across 6 continents. For more information, visit www.rbis.averydennison.com.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
• Develop new business opportunities in the Home & Personal Care Segment in line with the Avery Dennison Marketing Plan.
Develop a solid network of relationships with key decision makers at relevant companies to build a solid opportunity pipeline and drive the overall adoption of pressure sensitive technologies.
• Work closely with commercial teams (Sales, PM, Marcom…) to define product and service strategies that drive segment growth and profitability.
• Develop deep understanding of key packaging trends in the HPC industry and derive implications for future label demand
Provide internal team and customers with segment related information and strategy through training, meeting, reports.
• Co-work with industry partners such as association, machine suppliers, packaging companies, etc to maximize brand impact of Avery Dennison
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
· Identify, assess, develop and manage new programs and new business opportunities for assigned area, leading to successful commercialization efforts. Work with prospective HPC brand owners to identify unmet needs, implement initiatives to meet those needs.
· Responsible for market study and analysis, identify market size, growth trend, competitor landscape, new growth engine.
· Lead and manage priority growth projects. Lead teaming efforts (and project manage activities) that include R&D, manufacturing, quality and application development resources.
· Monitor and report on industry trends. Incorporate knowledge of the industry to partner with Marketing to develop products, support materials and pricing recommendations. Partner with Sales to transition business development account activities during commercialization.
· Support Marketing on forecasting for your products and programs.
· May establish pricing programs and strategies. Secure optimum product positioning within target accounts.
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· At least 5 years of commercial /business development experience, Home & Personal Care industry related candidates preferred
· Direct brand owner management experience
· Proven track record in building and maintaining customer relationships
· Must be able to champion and drive new business ventures, establish new contacts..
· Fluent in Mandarin and Business English
· Knowledge in market & data analysis.
· Open and innovative mindset to propose new ideas and actions
COMPETENCY WILL INCLUDE:
· Act strategically & drive for results
· Excellent project leadership skills in multi-functional team settings, concept selling skills
· Ensure execution, capable of conducting a detailed analysis and recommending clear action plans
· Effective negotiations skills, resourceful and proactive in solving problems and delivering solutions
· Focus On Customers – Ability to network with end users, customers, and channel partners.
· Build Relationships Demonstrated capability to develop End User relationships across all functions and levels
· High degree of personal integrity; sense of duty to contribute meaningfully and an attitude willing to share credit for accomplishment.
At Avery Dennison we do what we love and we love what we do.
We look forward to receiving your application.