Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio-frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Focus on RFID technology quality performances and methodologies for inlay, converting and encoding
- Lead the QC team directly and the site quality managers (partly directly, partly indirectly) with their teams
- Review customer proposals and provide input as to acceptable QA and reliability requirements.
- Review in-house Engineering changes for QA requirements; ensure QA requirements are defined into document changes at Engineering Change Control.
- Set-up and lead a Change Control Board
- Review material and operations quality issues.
- Lead QA surveys and audits of present and proposed suppliers and subcontractors to ensure adequate QA systems are implemented and maintained.
- Review quality performance of subcontractors and suppliers and coordinate Corrective Action & Preventive Action (CAPA) Requests and Failure Analysis Requests (FARs) for improvement.
- Folow-up/drive 8D reporting
- Provide technical support to inspectors on quality procedures, interpretation and implementation.
- Devise and implement world class Quality practices (e.g., Pareto Analysis, Histograms, Cause & Effect Diagrams, SPC, etc.) to enact continuous Quality improvement in products and services.
- Work with department managers to set up key metrics for process tracking and evaluation.
- Coordinate maintenance of quality records.
- Generate device qualification and reliability plans and establish and run ongoing reliability monitoring program for raw materials, subassemblies and products.
- Establish inspection procedures and processes, and perform some limited inspection of incoming parts, return product and shippable product.
- Manages the Corrective and Preventive Action Process.
- Compiles and reports out on key quality metrics as directed.
- Supports Materials Management Dept for supplier evaluations and ratings.
- Manages customer complaint resolution process, while also supporting Sales, Engineering and Marketing with product quality issues.
- Works closely together with the Platform and R&D teams
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preferred major of mechanical, electrical or automation engineering; Masters degree in engineering is preferred
- Minimum 9 years of related quality management experience is required
- Strong knowledge and acumen in RFID technology is preferred
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, mathematical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface with cross-functional groups to define and execute overall requirements
- Ability to work well across global boundaries with all levels of management, employees, and willingness to work on a “global-clock”
- Willingness to travel up to 50% or greater
- Excellent communication (oral/written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information, and ideas in a tactful and confident matter to internal and external contacts
- Ability to prioritize and meet expectations in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, and Google platforms
As RFID/Intelligent labels, we operate multiple factories across the globe as well as having global customers, so extensive travelling will be part of this role.