Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
The Creative Designer is responsible for driving and delivering a creative strategy for key Retailers and Brand Owners (RBOs) in Asia Pacific. The creative focus is on the development of inspiring, sustainable and intelligent branding programs, which includes the modification/redesign of existing branding concepts and the proactive delivery of creative products development in alignment with customer strategy.
- Partner with the key accounts managers to achieve the RBOs’ creative objectives. Focus on developing high value design work for both Point of Sale Branding solutions (including graphic tags, tickets, fasteners & packaging) and Permanent Branding Solutions (including brand identification and embellishments)
- Manage internal and external creative resources to maximize productivity
- Research and deliver insights on branding, fashion and retail trends. Coordinate with global creative team to bring global trends to Japan and to help introduce Japanese trends to the global marketplace
- Work closely with the Global creative team, global category management and the solutions teams to align on strategy and to ensure local best practices are exchanged
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Graphic Designer.
- Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts or Graphic Design is required
- Excellent graphic design capabilities. Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Strong communications skills in both Japanese & English.
- Prior experience with a major branded apparel group and/or retailer is highly desired. Experience in marketing, corporate management, Brand ID and packaging design is also preferred.
- Ability to manage numerous projects/activities simultaneously (multi-task). Must be able to maintain creative energy while satisfying customer deadlines and enjoy a fast paced and challenging environment. Candidates must provide portfolio or samples of creative aptitudes.
- Ability to communicate with customers and foster relationships. Must be engaging and naturally at ease when facing customers, upper management and staff.