Flight Operations (FOP)
The job holder will assist Rostering Manager in managing the production of an efficient and effective roster for the Cockpit Crew of Cathay Pacific, Cathay Dragon and Air Hong Kong, and be responsible to ensure all crew requirements and crew training requirements are effectively and efficiently rostered. This position will act as a change champion to lead the team to adopt the new way of roster productions in Jepesen Crew Rostering module and to pursue the continuity of improvement. Key Responsibilities:
- Assist Rostering Manager in managing the roster construction process for pilots of the Cathay Pacific Group (Cathay Pacific (CX), Cathay Dragon (KA) and Air Hong Kong (LD))
- Ensure the quality deliverable of the responsible rosters
- Collect and consolidating all roster requirements from Crew Planning, Pairing & Distribution, Crew Operations - Training, Flight Crew Relations and other stakeholders.
- Proactively provide feedbacks to Crew Planning regarding the target assumption and leave allocations
- Proactively provide feedbacks to Pairing & Distribution on the rosterability of the pairings produced
- Proactively collaborate with Crew Planning and Pairing & Distribution in response to the enquiries from Planning
- Work closely with Flying Training office to ensure the training requirements are incorporated in the monthly rosters
- Work closely with Flight Crew People Service office to ensure the crew basing requirements are incorporated in the monthly rosters
- Work closely with Line Operations, People Department, Cathay Dragon Flight Operations, Air Hong Kong Flight Operations and all the concerned parties offices for the monthly rostering requirements.
- Ensure all roster requirements are well defined and clearly communicated to the responsbile rostering sections for the monthly roster productions
- Manage performance measurements on Cockpit Crew rosters and proactively make recommendations to Rostering Manager for continuous improvement
- Handle and investigate any enquiries related to Cockpit Crew rosters
- Enhance the performance of the section through appropriate automation and process improvements.
- Devise appropriate training programme for all staff in Cockpit Crew rostering
- Ensure that the members in the responsible Rostering section are suitably trained
- Ensure the necessary supporting information related to Rostering is always up-to-date on Flight Crew Team site in IntraCX
- Deputise Rostering Manager to attend meetings with Flying Training office
- Lead the team to proactively involve the implementation project of Jeppesen Crew Rostering (JCR) module and participate the rostering activities in parallel during JCR cutover.
- Act as a change champion to lead the team to adopt the new way of productions in JCR
- Lead the team to pursue continous improvement in the monthly productions
- Promote teamwork and provide coaching to the members in the team
- Maintain technical knowledge required
- Attend regular meetings with Crew Planning, Pairing & Distribution & Crew Operations teams and proactively provide feedbacks with data for continous improvements
- Lead the change of monthly production process with the end-to-end approach with strong interation with Crew Planning, Pairing & Distribution and Crew Operations teams.
- Maintain good teamwork and provide feedbacks to all Crew Resources teams for the continuous improvement in productions.
- Maintain good partner with Flight Operations Management (CX, KA and LD), Flying Training Managers (CX and KA), Air Hong Kong and other stakeholders in the business
- Specific projections, duties and responsibilities as delegated by Rostering Manager
- Encourage feedbacks from the team for continuous improvement
- Monitor and manage the performance of subordinates
- Tertiary education
- Good command of both spoken and written English
- Knowledge of Approved Flight Time Limitations Scheme (AFTLs), Conditions of Service, Rostering Practices and Crew Training requirement is a pre- requisite
- Knowledge of Cockpit Crew manpower/roster handling is an advantage
- Ability to analyse data and produce reports & presentations
- Good ability in people management, negotiation and communication skills
- Able to work independently and decisively under pressure and within a team
- Good planning and Organisation skills
- Good leadership and ability to effectively deputise in the manager's absence
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in crew management environment, or equivalent
- Organizational Understanding
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Coping with Pressure
17 December 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.