: Cargo Job Level
: A Report to:
Cargo Manager, HAN Main purpose of the job
To help lead and support Cargo Services in executing the corporate strategy and various initiatives relating to cargo services and delivery.
To drive operational excellence and service delivery by partnering with stakeholders to provide clarity, guidance and support on the set performance targets and established matrix. Key Responsibilities & Tasks: Safety and Regulatory Compliance:
- Manage safety issues at HAN relating to cargo services, specifically but not limited to handling of dangerous goods, freighter load control, cargo build up and aircraft loading.
- Assist and execute the Emergency and Accident procedures and Business Continuity Plan as required.
Qualifications & Experience : Academic qualifications:
- Assist to develop, and lead on the implementation and monitoring of the Cargo Servicing Plan and the operation of handling agents, reporting performance and status both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Implement operations plans to optimize booking for space and weight utilization of the aircraft with cargo sales and service agents, the handling agents and key customers.
- Develop local service and standards to streamline cargo procedures to support core and specialized products.
- Conduct regular meetings with service vendors to review performance and provide education on new policies or procedures.
- Perform regular quality checks, as required, and completion of proper paperwork, provide feedback to respective stakeholders and resolve any problem areas identified in a timely manner.
- Control and manage the Unit Load Device inventory level to meet with demand during seasonal peaks.
- Participate in audits, assessments and projects taking care to resolve follow-up actions.
- Ensure clear communication of Cathay cargo notices to all teams members and suppliers is disseminated and understood.
- Any other assigned tasks from Cargo Manager and Area Cargo Manager.
Knowledge, skills, training and experience:
- High School graduation.
- Tertiary education or equivalent preferably with a cargo or logistics background is an advantage.
Application deadline: November 25, 2019
- Minimum 3 years' experience in cargo operations ideally with a customer service background.
- Freight load control and freighter ramp/loading operation experience is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of CHAMP CargoSpot System.
- Experience in supervising or leading a team to success.
- A self-motivated leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proven success record in setting and achieving goals.
- Good analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
- Proficient in both speaking and writing Vietnamese language.
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.