Assistant Accounting Services Manager Department:
Financial Services (FIN)
The role holder day to day monitors the Request and Response process (a process for oneworld interline billing) in order to ensure there is no missing between CX and oneworld members, otherwise, the correct revenue cannot be captured as the Flown revenue during closing. She also needs to monitor the accepted amount in the eSAL to ensure the revenue we received from the oneworld member is correct. Reciprocally, she needs to ensure the accepted value in our eSAL is correct to avoid the challenge from other members during the oneworld audit. Key Responsibilities
- Monitor on the Request & Response data and follow up IT or oneworld member for the missing files.
- Check and process of outward eSAL settlement to ensure no abnormal cases found.
- Follow up the oneworld audit on both own and oneworld members' tickets.
- Analysis the level of Response and provide explanation when oneworld members challenge irregularities found in our Response.
- Follow up both inward and outward billing fuel surcharges.
- Handle account reconciliation to ensure account posting to the oneworld account and interline billing suspense are correct.
- Diploma or above in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Good knowledge about ticketing, fare construction and interline billing.
- Minimum 3 years accounting experience
- Well organized with strong analytical mind
- Strong skills in MS Office applications, especially in Excel
- Experience in using SAP advantageous
- Good command of written and spoken English and Cantonese
- Able to work under pressure and being flexible when necessary to meet deadlines
- Willing to challenge the status quo and improve work processes
- Proactively seeks guidance and asks thoughtful questions
- Demonstrates awareness of financial factors that drive own service area
- Follows applicable financial policies & procedures
- Takes accountability for executing tasks to a high standard
- A good team player working collaboratively with others
- Personable with a positive attitude and respectful of others
- Takes time to understand and consider a problem in full before acting
- Works smart, taking the initiative to do things in a more effective way applying knowledge to improve practices and processes within own service area
- Willingly goes beyond the scope of own role to get work done
Application deadline: 29 January 2020
- Organizational Understanding
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.