General Manager Procurement and Aircraft TradingDepartment:
Procurement and Aircraft Trading (APD)
Reporting to the General Manager - Procurement and Aircraft Trading, The Head of Procurement - Aircraft Trading is accountable for meeting the Business' objectives concerning the cost effective acquisition of new, used or leased aircraft. The incumbent is also accountable for the contractual and commercial arrangements concerning the disposal of said assets and the ongoing supplier relationships with the aircraft manufacturers and lessors. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and set objectives, strategy and guidelines for category acquisition and service/support agreements.
- Accountable for the airline's strategic goals for the category portfolio, identify and deliver annual budget savings.
- Accountable for effective supplier relationships and value extraction from the SRM process.
- Accountable for effective negotiation strategies for category's purchase, leasing, and maintenance service agreements to achieve business objectives.
- Accountable for effective administration of category acquisition and service agreements.
- Schedule, participate, contribute and drive cross functional strategy meetings and steering groups.
- Make recommendations and/or approve decisions, on behalf of the business, emanating from RFI, RFQ and RFP processes.
- Appraise, manage, motivate, mentor and develop staff.
- Engineering or other appropriate Degree; additional qualification in business studies preferred.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in procurement or commercial engineering, with experience of vendor contract negotiation and budgetary/financial responsibilities.
- Good business acumen with excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong commercial awareness with ability to identify, analyse, drive and maximise opportunities.
- Visionary, dynamic, forward thinking and change orientated.
- Well organised with strong planning and project management skills, able to prioritise effectively.
- Customer focused, able to anticipate needs.
- Strong people management skills, effective at team work.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Application Deadline: 3rd July 2020
- Setting Direction
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance and Change
- Developing and Recognising Others
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.