Regional Engineering Manager Department:
The Line Maintenance team is a highly professional unit of the Engineering Department that supports the company's brand and business by delivering a safe, reliable and efficient engineering operation for the fleets of Cathay Pacific Group and providing premium services to our third party customer airlines in over 100 line stations worldwide.
Under the leadership of Regional Engineering Manager (REM), this position holder is responsible for evaluation, development and implementation of the most cost effective maintenance solutions to each of the line station with the highest safety and quality standards that meet the HKAR-145, other foreign national authorities and the company's requirements. Key Responsibilities
- Support Regional Engineering Manager (REM) in managing the operational performance of line stations through a team of Engineering Managers
- Evaluate supplier's capability and support RFP / supplier selection process to facilitate new station setup, change of aircraft types, change of suppliers and charter flights
- Develop line station's technical capability, manage maintenance approvals application process to support the Business Operating Plan for Cathay Pacific Group and third party business contracts
- Investigate engineering accountable delays in outports, implement corrective actions where required, continually drive improvements and best practices
- Perform safety investigations, identify contributing factors and ensure effective mitigating actions are put in place to prevent re-occurrence
- Manage the technical training program, consolidate outport training requirements, execute the training plan by working with both internal and external technical training schools to support the operational and third party business needs
- Control and improve the global aircraft handling policy and procedures to support the operational requirements worldwide
- Oversee and manage the Line Maintenance Quality Control Program, review the network data and drive improvement from the insights
- Provide administrative support to the Line Maintenance IT platforms / Mobility Device / ETechlog
- Develop the maintenance program and ensure effective management of engine change kits, ground support equipment and tools
- Liaise with Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department (HKCAD) / QA to facilitate efficient license/ authorisation application for certifying engineers
- Minimum 6.5 years' experience in aircraft maintenance and/ or engineering.
- Degree in Engineering / Aerospace discipline or Aircraft Maintenance Licence holder.
- Proven experience and strong knowledge in line maintenance operations and ramp services.
- Proven management skills and ability to manage projects across teams.
- Strong in communication, influencing and negotiation skills to resolve conflicts.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
Application deadline: 29 January 2020
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Analysis and Problem-Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.