Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China Reports to:
Senior Solution Lead / Solution Lead Department:
Information Technology (IMT)
This role is responsible for ensuring requirements are mapped and documented to functional and technical specifications for software development projects and enhancements through working with various internal and external stakeholders and leveraging external and internal resources to deliver quality and working software application(s) that is aligned with business vision and goal in the delivered software application. Key Responsibilities
- Analyse requirements and assess detailed solutions options from a system perspective
- Support solution design and contribute expertise and detailed knowledge to ensure high level design decisions are able to be delivered
- Full conversion, creation, alignment, traceability and successful mapping requirements into functional and technical specifications
- To ensure requirements are mapped and documented to functional and technical specifications for software development projects.
- Contribute expertise in supporting the development of technical specification
- Carry out level 2 and level 3 incident supports for in-production systems and manage end user expectations.
- Coach the Application Development vendors on development and implementation work
- Oversee and QA the development of all solution components ensuring this meets requirements and complies with all relevant Cathay Pacific standards
- Contribute and follow standards and frameworks for development
- Collaborate with other IM domains to drive innovation
- Keep abreast of the business strategy, business plan and latest industrial trends.
- A minimum of 6 years IT experience with at least 3 years in application support or development
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent education qualifications) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines
- Strong interpersonal skills; promoting healthy relationships and team dynamics with internal and external stakeholders
- Effective verbal and written communication skill
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, leveraging both logic and creativity; strong troubleshooting skills; ability to identify patterns and generate ideas
- Focus on the end user's or customer's needs
- Knowledge and experience in SDLC and development methodologies. Experience in Agile is beneficial
- Knowledge and/or experience with Dev Ops environment or Cloud platform e.g. AWS or Azure is an advantage
- Working knowledge and experience in supporting web and mobile applications is an advantage
- Good understanding of technology concepts, trends and capabilities
Application deadline:20 November 2019
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.