At Cathay Pacific, we share one common aspiration: to be the world's best airline.
Cathay Pacific and its subsidiaries employ a total of over 28,000 people across 39 countries that we operate to. With a global team, we offer a diverse range of career choices and opportunities - in the air, on the ground; in customer service, in the office; managerial or professional roles. Our team of great people each plays a key role to deliver the quality service that we are famous for. Notes:
- All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
- Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO/ FASCO.
The position holder is the primary 'storyteller' for Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon to plan and execute integrated communications campaigns to portray Cathay's brand, products & services, fare promotion, and other company stories with maximum positive buzz and impact in the PRD market in order to build PRD as the extended home market for the airline group. It leads and manages all brand, marketing and Public Relations activity across the region with the ultimate goal of driving demand for all channels with a focus on digital sales. The role should demonstrate ownership of the quality and effectiveness of the marketing activities in PRD.Key responsibilities and tasks Marketing
Public Relations & Social Media
- Develop an overall marketing communications plan for the airline group in PRD (our extended home market), a specific integrated communications plan for individual campaigns, and the execution and evaluation of each campaign, by incorporating known initiatives from other business units ranging from brand, product & service, fare promotions, and other positive corporate stories.
- Develop communication briefs with input from other PRD sales and business development teams.
- Work closely with China central marketing team to coordinate on brand campaign or national campaign
- Develop integrated communications plans incorporating marketing, PR, different channels and content mix, and identify the most effective and cost efficient approach for each campaign or communication need. Work with different teams for overall message planning that cut across paid, owned, earned media and channels
- Project management of each campaign from project initiation, ideation, media and channel planning, content production, execution, to post-campaign result measurement and evaluation
- Accountable for delivering the story according to brief, adhering to brand guidelines, meeting project objectives with agreed cost and timeline, and to deliver agreed business results
- Working closely with the PRD Business Development team and other sales teams to promote the awareness of CX intermodal offerings and grow CX sales in PRD. Conduct regular reviews of channel performance with the Regional Head of Business Development
- Work with agency partners to effectively adapt global marketing materials to maximise regional market relevance and impact
- Proactively build and develop local partnerships aligned with the global partnerships strategy to promote airline group's brand in the GBA region
- Achieve all brand Key performance Indicators for the region
- Utilise marketing activities to recruit Marco Polo, Asia Miles and Registered Users members and gather consumer data. Develop plans to increase the engagement with Marco Polo members.
- Actively promote new product and/or ancillary features to generate additional revenue
- Assist with the organisation of local sales and trade events as required
- Develop the PR and social media action plans for the airline group in PRD (our extended home market), in accordance with the direction as agreed with head office in terms of strategy, message alignment and content accuracy
- Conduct media positioning and landscaping in the region, taking into account an integrated paid, owned, earned relationship with different media partners
- Develop regional market intelligence in association with competition analysis and consumer trend monitoring
- Search for and be aware of potential reputational issues arising in the region and alert the Head Office team for preemptive actions
People Development and Performance Management
- Manage the marketing and public relations agency's performance
- Ensure that agency and marketing partner output is on-brand
- Lead, support and encourage own team to achieve success
- Demonstrate leadership and lead by example in accordance with Cathay's core values
- Build a strong and motivated team, ensuring the right organisational structure and the right people are in place to foster positive team spirit and facilitate teamwork
- Actively engage with employees to enhance communication and their understanding of company & business unit's goals and encouraging effective collaboration.
- Develop employees with high potential and identify learning opportunities to ensure appropriate training and development
- Maintain active and ongoing dialogue in relation to employee goals and individual performance
- Enhance the employee experience in line with the role level and the internal brand promise
Qualifications / Experience
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
- A minimum of 7 years' relevant experience, in which 3 years should be at managerial capacity
- A university degree in marketing, communications, business administration or other related disciplines
- A strong understanding of the PRD (especially Shenzhen) market & consumer behavior
- Strong communications planning skills across paid / owned/ earned media, with a deep understanding of the nature and usage of different media channels for effective communications
- Strong analytical skills - must be able to assemble and interpret data, create executive summaries and deliver business insights
- High degree of internet savvy, with a curiosity and enthusiasm for digital and media trends
- Ability to extract the best creative idea from agencies or the in-house creative team
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills - able to identify, analyze and propose solutions to various business or execution issues
- Excellent Chinese and English writing skills. Native in Mandarin, fluent in English. Proficiency in Cantonese will be an advantage.
- Experience in airline, travel, or hospitality industry will be an advantage
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.