Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China Reports to:
Maintenance Standards & Safety ManagerDepartment:
This position is responsible for liaising with authorities on quality, safety and compliance related matters. The incumbent will conduct and supervise Quality Assurance audits and investigations to ensure that Engineering and the aircraft fleet managed by Engineering are compliant with all regulatory requirements.
Note: for the purposes of this document, Cathay Pacific (CX) A/C or fleet may extend to Cathay Dragon (KA) or Air Hong Kong (AHK). Duties will vary dependent upon which team the selected candidate is allocated. Key Responsibilities
Section Responsibilities include:
- Liaise with authorities on quality, safety and compliance matters.
- Lead and conduct investigation on all Engineering accountable occurences.
- Lead and conduct independent internal investigation adapting the MEDA philosophy as requried.
- Perform Safety Data Analysis for supporting occurrence investigation, fulfilling Departmental Safety meetings and Safety Managmenet System Program requirements.
- Conduct and supervise ENG QA audits for Engineering, Line Stations, third party contractors specialized audits such as IFQP, De-icing as required.
- Conduct department process change and risk assessment as directed, supervise data analysis to support the above risk and safety management functions.
- Conduct Aircraft Certificate of Airworthiness renewal and the CMR process, supervise new aircraft introduction and aircraft lease return / retirement process.
- Perform assignments / projects as requested by team leader / manager.
- Manage and develop the audit program in Engineering department, and third party contractors in accordance with CAD 360 Part 2 and 145 requirements.
- Management of all engineering accountable occurrence investigations.
- Prepare, facilitate and respond to audits by Cathay Dragon / Air Hong Kong as well as various airworthiness authorities.
- Manage the issuance and renewal of Certificate of Airworthiness and the CMR process; line station setup and application to CAD, as well as oversee the airworthiness compliance of the company aircrafts.
- Monitor regulatory changes and work with the relevant Engineering sections to ensure manuals are updated accordingly.
- Develop and maintain a scorecard showing our level of compliance to airworthiness requirements (including the performance of suppliers).
- Collate and submit required documentation for renewal of regulatory approvals and licenses (both Hong Kong and line stations).
- Review and provide recommendation for issue of personnel authorisations/licenses, variations to approved data, and Technical Training School courses. This includes conducting Company Procedures Interviews.
- Monitor issuance of new mandatory requirements (AD's, ALS revisions, etc) and ensure this is routed to the relevant sections within Engineering. Drive and monitor follow-up actions to ensure compliance timelines are met.
- Review submitted data and provide recommendation for the (re-)issuance of C of A (HKCAR 183 role). Ensure that all required aircraft documentation is up-to-date and available to maintain C of A.
- Drive follow-up investigation of MOR's and other in-service airworthiness and compliance issues to resolution.
- Oversee Engineering Airworthiness Directives assessment.
- Collate, review and submit justification to regulatory authorities for variations, or waivers to regulatory requirements or approved data.
- Liaise regularly with HKCAD counterparts.
- Raise awareness within Engineering of airworthiness issues via QN's or similar documents.
- Minimum 6.5 years' experience in aircraft maintenance and/or engineering. Relevant experience in quality system.
- Aircraft Maintenance License (B1 or B2) or Degree in Engineering / Aerospace or related discipline.
- Previous experience on any of the following aircraft types operate by CX / KA / AHK would be an advantage.
- Previous Quality Assurance experiences would be an advantage.
- Previous experience on leading MEDA investigaton would be an advantage.
- Good written and oral skills in English is essential
- Good Data Management and Analysis skills.
- Mandarin will be advantageous.
- Good project management skills and capable of working across departments / sections to drive for process improvement.
- Good understanding of Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department (HKCAD)/EASA requirement.
- Knowledge on aircraft certification would be an advantage.
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to travel and work at overseas maintenance facilities.
Application deadline: 17 October 2019
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.