Head of Cargo Markets & ProductsDepartment:
The Cargo Products Manager is a key member of the Cathay Pacific Cargo Commercial Team, and principally responsible for the management of the Cargo Department's customer solutions (product) developments in line with latest market trends, customer needs and latest technology available in the market. Key Responsibilities and tasks
We aspire to be a world leader in customer solutions within the air cargo industry. The mission of the Cargo Product Team is to create key-value differentiators for CX Cargo by way of our expertise in providing specialized cargo solutions through our sales & services offerings. These differentiators aim to increase willingness to pay with the ultimate objective to support sustainable growth of our cargo business and increase our cargo revenue.
The Cargo Product Team will be divided into three streams, each led by a Cargo Products Manager with support from an Assistant Manager. Each team shall be responsible for a portfolio of solutions of (1) temperature control, (2) expert handling, or (3) mail and priority. Products (Customer Solutions)
- Customer Engagement
- Act as the face of the company, represent and manage relationships with special product direct shippers, forwarders as well as service providers such as Envirotainer etc.
- Engage with internal and external customers. Understand their needs in order to develop a portfolio of customer solutions that is customer-centric.
- Identify new and innovative solutions that matter to our customers.
- Engage in relevant tri-partite supplier-shipper and forwarder-shipper conversations that will lead to new business opportunities and insights.
- Support Cargo Services Delivery team in negotiation of suppliers' agreements to our best interests.
- Product Research & Development
- Hold holistic view of the end-to-end for the assigned product portfolio, from product selling to delivery.
- Lead research and development of the assigned product portfolio.
- Define features of the airline's customer solutions that are or could become our key differentiators.
- Prioritize and articulate development needs. Formulate a product development roadmap.
- Build commercial case and drive internal engagement to implement changes.
- Manage and act as the Project Manager to drive the overall product development roadmap.
- Act as the central point of contact for different internal departments and drive the project to ensure timely delivery.
- Product Sales
- Equip our sales teams with tools to effectively sell our expert solutions.
- Partner with Cargo Global Partnership team to drive sales of cargo product streams worldwide.
- Partner with Cargo Marketing team on key messages to communicate externally.
- Represent CX in appropriate Cargo Product forums.
- Product Delivery
- Work closely with Cargo Service Delivery to ensure customer solutions deliveries and processes are in line with Cargo Commercial's commercial needs and requirements.
- Identify new technologies in the industry and make recommendations to the management on ways to drive efficiencies in the delivery process of CX's customer solutions.
- A university degree level of education.
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in a cargo discipline; preferably with sales and product management, and with experience in a freight forwarding company or airline.
- Project management experience would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of cargo sales and cargo products would be advantageous.
- Proven abilities as a team leader.
- Motivated and willing to learn and take initiatives.
- Strong cultural awareness, and the ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Setting Direction
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance and Change
- Developing and Recognising Others
28 December 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.