Procurement & Aircraft Trading Reports to:
Head of Procurement Aircraft Trading
The position is primarily responsible for the management of existing and future aircraft lease agreements entered into by Hong Kong Express. It will also play a critical role in preparing and taking part in the execution of the aircraft acquisition campaigns that will be required for the expansion of the Cathay Pacific and Hong Kong Express fleets in anticipation of the opening of the third runway at HKIA. Key responsibilities:
- Negotiate and manage aircraft lease agreements and ongoing relationships with lessors.
- Devise and implement strategies for the acquisition of aircraft.
- Manage aircraft acquisition campaigns with suppliers (OEMs and lessors) to meet the business requirements.
- Liaise with all internal departments to ensure all requirements are understood, considered and relayed to suppliers as necessary.
- Negotiate purchase agreements with OEMs.
- As the case may be, run SLB tenders and negotiate the relevant agreements with potential lessors.
- Solid commercial background acquired in a large commercial organisation (OEM, leasing company, airline);
- Procurement process and Category Management understanding is essential; Strong understanding of basic contract law and aircraft lease and/or purchase agreements;
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of basic accounting principles;
- Excellent people skills; including the ability to negotiate and influence internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement strategies.
- Approachable and decisive.
9 August 2020
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.