Cathay Dragon, an affiliate member of oneworld, is a Hong Kong-based international airline, and a member of the Cathay Pacific Group. Established in 1985, the airline now operates a fleet of 19 A330-300s, eight A321s and 15 A320s providing quality passenger and cargo services. The airline's network covers 53 destinations across the Asia-Pacific region, including 23 in Mainland China.
Cathay Dragon operates about 400 flights a week to the Mainland, offering quality services to passengers around the region. The airline's expertise has been recognised in its winning the Best Airline - China category for six consecutive years in the respected Skytrax passenger survey. It has also been voted "Best Regional Airline Asia" in the survey in 2011, 2013 and 2015, as well as "World's Best Regional Airline" in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2015.
Cathay Dragon aims to ensure that its passengers' in-flight experience is as enjoyable and as comfortable as possible. The influence of traditional Asian hospitality is felt on each Cathay Dragon flight through the personal service and attention to detail provided by dedicated and professional cabin staff. The airline is committed to continuous improvements in service to provide its passengers with an even more pleasurable and comfortable flying experience.Notes:
All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO.Purpose
Key responsibilities and tasks Regional Management
- To effectively lead and develop the Finance team ensuring robust control and compliance of all financial matters throughout China.
- To provide financial advice and analysis to the respective regional and local managers and continually review, develop and improve processes to meet all regulatory requirements.
People Development and Performance Management
- Ensure the local Finance teams meet their responsibilities in regards to:
- Compliance (legal, taxation and regulatory reporting)
- Control and risk assessment
- Management and financial reporting
- Cost control
- Credit control
- Banking and treasury
- Administration and supplier management
- Business advisory, support and process improvement
- Provide direction, guidance and support to the local Finance teams to ensure timely and accurate completion of local tasks as necessary
- Ensure the local Finance teams take steps to remain fully up to date of local legislation and compliance matters and, where necessary, intervene to make decisions and help resolve regulatory or compliance issues in individual ports
- Update regional management and Head Office on new local requirements which may give rise to changes in risk exposure and/or changes in working procedures
- Work effectively with Head Office to implement Head Office Finance initiatives and deliver on central Finance strategies and guidance
- Proactively work to identify efficiencies and more effective ways of working and work actively with Head Office and the local Finance teams and other departments to implement and standardise continuous improvement
- Ensure continuity of Finance operations during periods of absence of team members
- Partner with the Regional General Manager and other local department heads to complete the Control Self-Assessment for risk management
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
- Lead, support and encourage own team to achieve success
- Build a strong and motivated team, ensuring the right organisational structure and the right people are in place to foster positive team spirit and effective teamwork
- Supervise and mentor direct reports, encouraging effective collaboration
- Demonstrate leadership and lead by example in accordance with Cathay's core values
- Develop employees with high potential and identify learning opportunities to ensure appropriate training and development
- Maintain active and ongoing dialogue in relation to employee goals and individual performance
- Actively engage with employees to enhance communication and their understanding of department goals
- Enhance the employee experience in line with the role level and the internal brand promise
Qualifications / Experience Academic qualifications
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
Knowledge, skills, training, experience
- Degree in Accounting or related discipline with sound accounting knowledge
- Post-graduate accounting qualification in Accounting (e.g. Chartered Accountant, Certified Practicing Accountant, Chartered Management Accountant, etc.) or a closely related discipline
- A minimum of ten years Finance/Accounting experience is essential
- Experience in the airline industry is an advantage
- Experience in SAP is an advantage
- A minimum of six years experiences in leading a high performance team, preferably across multiple locations
- Sound understanding of business practices in the region, with prior experience working within the region is considered an advantage
- Admirable interpersonal skills and can interact with all levels within the organisation
- Creative and innovative with experience in improving current work practices and implementing new ideas
- Strong planning, problem-solving and organisational skills and is able to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously across multiple locations
- A respectable understanding of Cathay Pacific policies and procedures
- Superior written, oral communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and diplomacy
- Leads, adapts to and embraces constant change
Cathay Dragon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.