We're looking for a Software Development Lead - Consumer Apps
Are you an experienced people-manager and development lead? Lead our teams of client side app developers for consumer apps used by millions of people around the world. You will lead teams building apps on all major platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, routers and browser extensions.Responsibilities
Your goals will be to ensure high velocity of delivery for all teams and ensure we fulfil business requirements whilst meeting high quality, security and privacy bars. You will deliver the easiest to use, fastest, most reliable, and most secure consumer apps in the market.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead a team of experienced leads. Hire, motivate, mentor, define responsibilities, hold people accountable, manage career plans.
- Promote engineering excellence.
- Ensure we have efficient processes and use the right tools
- Ensure individual teams interact with each other effectively and manage dependencies efficiently
- Ensure test quality and coverage bar is high across all teams
- Ensure high productivity
- Keep your teams unblocked
- Ensure teams focus the right amount of energy on the right priorities
- Ensure our product backlog always defines the path to achieving our business goals
- Ensure your leads and their reports are happy, motivated and delivery at a high velocity
- Technical Input
- You will be expected to have a good understanding of the tech stacks for all of the platforms you own
- Understand the technologies, behaviours, features and problem areas of the projects you manage
- Understand what your teams are working on and be able to have meaningful discussions and provide meaningful input to their work
- Provide technical input as and when needed, e.g.
- Guide tech designs
- Resolve difference in opinion in technical approach
- Ensure the right balance between simplicity, features and future proofing
- Lead by example and coach your team to meet the technical standards of the company
- Ensure Efficient Cross-Team Communications and Interactions
- Ensure cross-team projects are well specified and dependencies are well understood
- Ensure complex projects have clear owners and are well managed - manage large projects yourself when necessary.
- Communicate progress, needs and issues to other parts of the business and likewise ensure the business communicates the same back to you
- Understand broader business needs. Be able to wear a project managers hat when necessary. Help ensure a good overall tactical and strategic direction for your team and the company.
What we offerAttractive compensation Based in Hong Kong at our spacious office in Wanchai. Full-time employment, 40 hours per week, flexible working hours About us
- At least 5 years experience as a developer, including
- Experience developing and shipping apps on at least 2 platforms
- Experience in at least 3 programming languages
- Experience as a dev team lead, e.g. lead developer, Scrum master
- Experience as a hiring manager, you've hired, trained and promoted talents within your teams to work more effectively.
- Expert in writing automated tests. Ideally also experience in TDD or BDD.
- Solid understanding of IP networking
At Chengbao, we're leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with hundreds of people worldwide and a core team in Hong Kong. We're profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We've built just the place.