Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia Pacific and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: corporate and M&A; capital markets; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
The purpose of this role is to support the business development function in the Corporate practice in Hong Kong, through the delivery and execution of a diverse range of client, practice and marketing programs and initiatives. In this role you will work together with the local, regional and global business development and marketing teams, partners, lawyers and other stakeholders.
Clifford Chance seeks a Business Development & Marketing Coordinator or Executive to help coordinate and proactively drive forward the business development strategy for our Corporate practice in Hong Kong.
In broad terms, your focus will be to:
- Operate as a trusted advisor to the fee earners
- Support the strategic development of practices, clients and sectors
- Ensure delivery against agreed business development plans
- Coordinate and support on the pitching process
- Produce research on companies, industries and countries
- Coordinate submissions to the main legal directories and advise practices on promoting their capabilities to these directories.
You will be a critical member of a sizable Hong Kong team and will liaise directly with partners, lawyers and other Business Services professionals. You will work very closely with the Asia Pacific Client & Market Development (CMD) and Brand, Communications & Marketing (BCM) team.
This is a hands-on role that requires quick and accurate work. Key attributes are a genuine enthusiasm to be a part of a busy team, an ability to prioritise, willingness and ability to take ownership of tasks with strong attention to detail and a proactive and positive mindset.
You will be enthusiastic, engaging and considered, with the ability to build relationships across many levels of business. You must be a proven collaborator, a strong team player and be comfortable taking ownership of the tasks at hand.
The successful candidate would preferably have worked in a partnership or in professional services. Relationship building
Client and sector focus
- Develop strong relationships with the fee earners in the Corporate practice in Hong Kong.
- Develop equally strong relationships across the APAC (and global as appropriate) CMD and BCM team so that you can effectively connect with the wider network.
- Develop good relationships across all areas of Business Services.
Proposals, pitches and capability statements
- Support the Firm's key sector program by feeding into regional/global initiatives.
- Advise partners on targeting and client relationships in conjunction with client, sector and country focus teams.
- Proactively involve in proposals, pitches, capability statements with fee earners and other business functions to produce key materials in PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Contribute to cross-border pitch projects, liaising with the global CMD team.
- Support the pitching process, delivering market analysis to assist partners to assess new opportunities.
- Maintain up to date Hong Kong and regional materials.
- Track pitch outcomes and produce win/loss reporting.
Marketing and communications
- Develop market knowledge, understanding and insights to identify potential business opportunities and expanding existing business, as well as raising the practice's profile via events, conferences and client seminars.
- Identify and co-ordinate cross-selling opportunities with other practices, sectors and client teams.
- Ensure correct information for all fee earners is correctly captured in the various Hong Kong tracker (corporate pitch log, corporate deal tracker etc.)
Events, seminars and conferences
- Produce and maintain targeted client lists in the Firm's database (InterAction).
- Develop the Firm's reputation through targeted marketing communications, publications (newsletters, client briefings), and awards and directories submissions.
- Liaise with the BCM team on media and PR opportunities.
- Manage and support on activities relating to client events (including guest list, coordination of slides, management of speakers and logistics).
- Work efficiently with the wider facilities and Business Services team on both internal and external events.
- Minimum of two years' experience working in a similar role.
- Experience in working on competitive proposals and pitches, ideally within the legal market.
- Strong writing skills; high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise.
- Proficiency with systems, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InterAction.
- Practical, proactive, commercially minded and service driven with a "can do" and positive attitude.
- Sensitive to different business cultures.
- Well-developed influencing skills coupled with confidence, resilience and focus.
- Builds strong effective relationships with partners and CMD and BCM colleagues across the firm.
- Fluent Mandarin language skills is essential.