DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
· 1. Experience of managing and enhancing a central PMO hub
· 2. Experience of managing and developing people across countries and specifically the United Kingdom.
· 3. Experience of enterprise PPM tools, Clarity preferred
· 4. One or more recognized portfolio, programme or project management qualifications, e.g. PRINCE2, MSP, P3O, M_o_R, PPSO, APM PMQ or RPP, PMP or PMI.
The role incumbent will possess the following skills, experience and knowledge, preferably practiced in a law firm or other similar professional services company:
· 1. Minimum 10 years' experience working within a PMO environment with Prince2, MSP, Agile Project Management or other recognised project management qualifications.
· 2. Experiencing defining and implementing project management standards.
· 3. Process improvement - an appreciation of lean management principles and approach beneficial.
· 4. Experience of management of effective governance, including the planning, post-meeting actions and follow up, and the ability to record accurate and concise minutes
· 5. Experience of producing high quality documentation, briefing papers, reports and presentations
· 6. Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) with the ability to communicate with and influence people at all levels of the organisation
· 7. Ability to challenge constructively whilst maintaining excellent working relationships within the programme community and with stakeholders
· 8. Experience designing, implementing and embedding new ways of working.
· 9. Advanced knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages, including Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
· 10. A strong ability to think through problems from different perspectives then develop solutions alongside obtaining buy-in from the relevant stakeholders.
· 11. Exposure to the end to end project lifecycle, or experience of programme co-ordination and of managing projects.
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager, the primary role is to work with the PMO Manager to oversee the day-to-day PMO operation and continual improvement covering business case review, including benefits, costs and risks; project stage gate reviews; post implementation reviews; people development, mentoring and facilitation of organisational learning; schedule management covering forecasting, multi-project scheduling; project status, performance and resource utilisation reporting and the GPG project knowledge centre covering, documentation, tools, standards, lessons learnt and administration. The role will have the following additional responsibilities:
· Delivery of the PMO roadmap (in close collaboration with the PMO Manager).
· Direct line management for two individuals in Delhi and matrix (functional work allocation) management responsibilities for one individual in Delhi and one individual in London.
· Adoption of some PMO Manager responsibilities while the PMO Manager is on maternity leave.
The role incumbent will be responsible for delivering and enhancing the PMO services, including:
· Establishing and managing governance processes ensuring compliance with the Firm's project delivery framework.
· Identify and implement enhancements to the GPG Delivery Framework including its constituent processes, standards and toolkit (including close alignment with the core project management tools) ensuring we are setting the project managers up to succeed.
· Ensure new or enhanced frameworks/processes are comprehensive, consistent across the differing GPG delivery capabilities, integrate with the existing PMO processes and with those of other departments and forums who will play a role in their operation.
· Ensure consistent application of GPG processes across the GPG functions (Programme Management, Business Analysis, Project Delivery and the PMO) while supporting sensible flexibility.
· Manage the reporting process setting out standards and tools and defining the reporting timetable to ensure reliable and consistent management information.
· Proactively monitor projects against time, cost and benefits, providing early warning of variances and exceptions to the PMO and respective Portfolio Manager.
· Challenging constructively and assessing overall progress of the projects by reviewing progress reports and other key management information.
· Use metrics and KPIs to track compliance with agreed standards, policies and procedures, identifying trends and exceptions.
· Ensure lessons and experiences are captured throughout the course of a project and applied across all portfolios.
· Support the lessons learned process and undertake reviews beyond projects identifying trends and ensuring the capture, storage and application of lessons learnt.
· Reviewing business cases from a benefits management perspective and advising on benefit identification, tracking and management.
· Resource management and on-boarding/induction - identifying and monitoring capacity v demand.
· Act as a reference point for PMO queries and information and as an advocate for best practices in project management
· Develop and maintain positive relationships with GPG staff to enable the PMO to provide support including facilitation, tracking and reporting.
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The Firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution. Clifford Chance's aim is to be the leader of an elite group of law firms.
Clifford Chance Business Services provides a wide range of IT Enabled Services to its client/parent company, Clifford Chance LLP. Having grown steadily over ten years, the company employs more ~ 600 highly skilled and experienced professionals enabling the organisation to successfully support its client in the following areas:
· Information Technology
· Administration and Research
· Legal Support Centre
· Document Production Unit
· Project Management and Continuous Improvement
At Clifford Chance, we believe in bringing the client - both internal and external - to the centre of everything we do. To do this we need to understand, anticipate and fulfill the unique needs and expectations of each client. We call this "Client Focus" and to help deliver this core part of our business strategy, we want to recruit people who not only excel in their field but who are also client focused.
We are looking for people who:
· Can demonstrate a keen interest and enthusiasm to understand their clients' priorities;
· Are self-starters but also team players ready to help others and contribute to the overall success;
· Listen, question and deliver; and
· Are reliable and responsive, who can put the needs of the client first.
In short, we are looking for people who are motivated by client satisfaction and who strive to exceed the expectations of their clients.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants and employees regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity or origin, disability, creed or religion, sexual orientation or age.
PMO Delivery Manager
Global Programme Group
Global Career Band
Global Role Type
Days/Hours of Work
Monday to Friday - UK Business Hours.
· Minimum 10 years' experience working within a PMO environment with Prince2, MSP, Agile Project Management or other recognised project management qualifications.