The Singapore accounts team comprises Accounts Payables, Management Accounting, Tax, Regulatory and Working Capital functions. The team is 12 members strong and is led by the Financial Controller.
This 9 months maternity cover contract position is responsible for supporting the Finance Manager in relation to the preparation of management accounts, budgeting and forecasting, statutory accounts, tax compliance and other finance related tasks. The role interfaces closely with all the finance team members. Key responsibilities: Management Accounts
Tax, Regulatory and Statutory
- Responsible for month-end closing and production of monthly management accounts including preparation/review of all journals, fixed asset schedules, balance sheet reconciliations and other reconciliations as well as variance analysis.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the production of quarterly and annual reporting packs as required by the firm including the year-end packs for global and local reporting.
- Bi-Monthly cash flow forecast reports and monitoring of cash balances in the office accounts
- Ensure sufficient cash balances in the office accounts for operational purposes
- Responsible for reviewing monthly bank reconciliation.
- Assist the Finance Manager in providing support to partners, lawyers and business services on GST matters on a day-to-day basis.
- Review schedules and prepare GST returns, including the necessary checks to ensure accuracy of the figures.
- Prepare statistics reports as required by government bodies.
- Support the Finance Manager with all aspects of audit, both internal and external. This includes coordination with the auditors, Finance Manager and Working Capital Controller.
- Assist the Finance Manager with the preparation of the statutory accounts for local submissions.
- Prepare schedules for corporate and partners' tax returns.
- Transfer pricing documentation and CBCR reporting where relevant.
- Assist the Finance Manager in ensuring compliance of withholding tax, including computation and submission of the return, liaise with tax consultants on withholding tax issues, etc.
- Assist the Finance Manager with preparation of responses to queries raised by the tax agents.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager and business services leaders to prepare and manage their respective budgets.
- Ensure that the submission of the firm's data is entered into the budgeting tool (Hyperion Planning) on a timely basis which includes headcounts, costs and income.
- Assist the Finance Manager and Financial Controller with financial analysis and modelling as required.
- Assist the Finance Manager with monthly payroll postings.
- Assist the HR team with tax and other reporting aspects of payroll.
- Work closely within the team, including providing coverage when necessary.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager or Financial Controller.
- Minimum 4 years working experience.
- An experienced accountant, ideally within a professional services environment, with prior experience of monthly and yearly reporting.
- Working knowledge of IFRS, Singapore FRS and Singapore taxes (e.g. Corporate Tax, Partnership Tax, GST, Withholding Tax, etc.).
- Proficient in Excel. Prior experience of using Oracle Financials, Hyperion Enterprise and Hyperion Planning (or similar applications), are preferable.
- Experience in outsourcing or leading change management will be desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, good time management and meticulous.
- Degree (or equivalent level) and hold a recognised accounting qualification.