When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food.We're a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.The Role
The Operations function is at the heart of the business - we ensure a seamless delivery service for customers, from start to finish. As we continue phenomenal growth, the challenge to operate sustainably becomes ever harder. This role is about helping our Singapore market achieve the step changes required to become the world-leader in food delivery.
The Operations team is responsible for all elements of our operations: the performance and growth of the Singapore fleet; and also catering to thousands of our restaurant partners, a number which is continuously increasing.
As we continue to grow, the challenge to operate sustainably becomes ever harder. This role - reporting directly to the GM - will have full ownership over a key function - Operations - and is pivotal in driving the business forward in the Singapore market. It demands an analytical, people-centric and entrepreneurial leader with a track-record of managing large teams.Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the front-line operation for Singapore - understanding, analysing and driving our complex day-to-day logistics to ensure exceptional service levels. Along the way you'll ensure we have enough riders in the fleet, that supply matches demand, and that riders have all the support they need
- Using analytics to build a platform that can sustainably scale - understanding what needs to be improved to increase efficiency and effectiveness of our live operations, and what we need to build now for the future
- Managing the Rider Ops - you'll be overseeing a team and leading the charge to ensure operational metrics are hit. This will involve mentoring and developing the team managers and nurturing an environment where the management team can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Leading the local strategy - taking the company's vision and interpreting this to the local market, ensuring we're constantly evolving, innovating and prioritising the right projects to meet business needs. Set a clear mission to your team and deploy strategies focused to meet these goals.
- Coaching and leading our people - working with the heads of departments and their teams to give them guidance and direction
- Collaborating with product, procurement and other HQ central departments - working with all the supporting departments to ensure the Singapore market has their needs catered for, and are coordinated with upcoming changes to product, processes and strategy
- Identifying opportunities for improvement - e.g. improving design of delivery zones, reviewing team structure and job responsibilities, optimizing the flow of rider comms (for support and in the rider communities), reviewing efficiency in fleet staffing / fleet payment structure etc.
We are looking for someone with at least 8-10 years of operations management, or consulting experience, with experience of managing large, multi-cultural teams.
You'll also need to be:
Life at Deliveroo
- Inquisitive, curious and ready to challenge the status quo in a very fast-paced working environment.
- A confident critical-thinker that can jump into different problems and come up with tactical recommendations.
- Driven by impact and want to make change now - this is about prioritising correctly, making constant, quick iterations in real time to improve the business
- Happy doing some number-crunching - it's important to be able to quickly identify issues, inefficiencies and how big these might be. You'll need strong problem solving and analytical skills with great attention to detail.
- Experienced in hiring and building great teams on a large scale.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, whilst keeping calm and composed at the same time (particularly during a crisis).
- Confident in your communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders across the organisation.
- Strong enough with stats and excel to separate the signal from the noise (as a lot of what we do is tested against the real world straight away).
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around.