When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.What you'll be doing...
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to champion Restaurant Marketing and Promotions across Hong Kong. This newly created role will work closely and collaboratively with commercial teams, product teams, other local marketing leads and our restaurant partners to deliver best-in-class Joint Business Plans, co-marketing strategies and promotional programs to deliver business results. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in B2B2C marketing, especially in designing and deploying co-marketing plans to deliver 1+1>2 business impact. You will be experienced in managing marketing partnerships and have a broad knowledge and understanding of Restaurant marketing channel mix. You will be known for your appetite for testing and marketing innovations, and leveraging opportunities to scale programs based on results. You'll need to be a strong communicator, skilled negotiator, an enthusiastic problem solver who can earn trust and possess a strong sense of accountability to deliver results.You will work across:
Restaurant Marketing Strategy
- Define the strategy for restaurant marketing to maximise volume & value of orders
- Lead the marketing conversation with our key accounts and high potential restaurants/ ODC to leverage them for growth, building joint annual marketing plans, co-create campaigns, restaurant specific activities, site-specific targeted support etc.
Restaurant Marketing Program Development & Innovation
- Plan and build an annual promotional strategy to drive value perception and incremental customers and orders
- Deliver high profile marketing innovation with restaurant partners
- Create efficient multi-restaurant promotions
- Develop best-in-class 'painting the town teal' restaurant visibility strategy across both physical and digital spaces
Restaurant Marketing Program Deployment & Optimisation
- Design framework for new and existing program experimentation and tracking to increase the scale of success
- Review our global restaurant playbook and lead the adaption or development, implementation and codification of key tool kits and assets to best support our restaurants.
- Define the correct data framework to measure the relevant input and output KPIs for restaurant marketing
- Utilise data-driven decision making to improve the performance and scalability of our restaurant marketing programs
Stakeholder & partner management/ influence
- Dive deep into the data and meet with key stakeholders to understand segments, needs, priorities and growth opportunities
- Be the voice of restaurants in the business and within the marketing team, developing frameworks and processes to engage restaurants with Deliveroo marketing
- Collaborate with the commercial teams to develop compelling marketing proposals as part of our pitch process for key account relationships
- Work closely with growth product, performance marketing, CRM, comms and brand teams to co-develop initiatives and activities that best leverage selection and drive engagement with customers.
- Develops, executes and manages marketing programs effectively
- Proposes new ideas and provides supporting data and projected ROI
- Proactively collaborates with other teams to share insights and align promotions
- Shares and champions best practices across business
- Uses customer, channel, and program performance data to develop short- and long-term recommendations
- Identifies program and process improvement opportunities
- When presented with issues or opportunities, formulate a plan of action with an aggressive but realistic timeline
- Motivates peers to act quickly on issues helps them properly prioritise the biggest opportunities
- Demonstrates good intuition on understanding others' points of view and potential roadblocks/ issues
- Dives deep to ensure data integrity by validating with alternate data sources
Skills you'll need:
- Applies performance standards to the team. Identifies resource needs. Sets goals to optimize performance against department goals and team development
- Coaches and gives feedback to direct reports to help develop talent and support career development
- Mentors other marketers. - Demonstrates and differentiates performance bar across multiple levels
- Sets and articulates expectations for team, and models behavior that best exemplifies our company values
- 10+ years of career achievement in marketing, a minimum of 5+ years in B2B2C marketing
- Proven capability in multi-channel marketing strategies and deployment, data-informed decision making processes and performance-based marketing approach
- Highly collaborative
- Proven experience to influence, motivate and manage external stakeholders as well as internal teams
- Entrepreneurial minded, able to articulate new ideas and influence others to gain support
- Strong learning agility, comfortable dealing with fast paced environments, able to keep complicated projects moving forward
- Self-starter, creative and analytical problem-solver with attention to details. Delivers results quickly and efficiently
- In-depth knowledge of B2B2C marketing and good knowledge of Hong Kong restaurant scene and/or grocery category
- Native Cantonese speaker, good written & spoken English
- Comfortable with advanced Google Sheets/ Excel, data dashboards and capable of data mining to perform analysis to develop/enhance marketing program
- Candidates with food delivery APP and/ or restaurant marketing and/ or grocery experience will be prioritised
- Experience in marketing for multi-vendor platforms (e.g. eComm sites, hotel booking sites, travel booking sites, payment platforms etc.), or other relevant categories a plus
Life at Deliveroo
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around.