Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.What you'll be doing...
This role is is a great opportunity to get exposure to a high-paced startup and lead the sales initiative for Hong Kong. The business development team are the backbone of our business, the hunters who are out there in the weeds constantly eating food and signing up the best new restaurants and convenience/grocery operators in town to partner with us. This is a role for a bright, motivated, organised self starter to develop their sales career for a leading company within its market sector.You will...
Skills you'll need & Eligibility...
- Identify, prioritise and sell to relevant convenience partners via email, over the phone and in person
- On-board new clients following a successful sale
- Lead the sales initiative for the region by coordinating with our operations team and the restaurant community team
- Analyse and iterate the sales strategy across the region
- Work predominantly by yourself, in the field, travelling three days a week with flexible working hours
- 3+ years of working experience
- Self-driven, with a proven sales record, ideally having worked with FMCG in the past
- Relevant sales experience with diverse range of clienteles ranging from SME to enterprise accounts
- You must be comfortable with targeting new business
- Strong communication skills whether it be face to face, through phone or email
- Ability to persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients
- Be tenacious and motivated by targets
Life at Deliveroo
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around.