Head of Marketing, Singapore
As the leader of the in-country marketing team, you will work closely with the GM and other functions to design marketing plans that deliver impact. You will form a part of the Singapore leadership team, accountable for delivering total business success.
You will be part of a high-performing team tasked with having a strong, data-driven understanding of the country's overall business objectives, in-market nuances, and a deep understanding of priority customer segments. You will leverage these insights to effectively partner with central teams and influence global growth strategy. What you'll be doing
- Leading a team of 5 to localise and execute the global marketing strategy
- Concepting demand generation campaigns and leveraging the broader company ecosystem to engage existing customers and drive weekly active customers
- Delivering integrated, 360-degree marketing campaigns through the management of local marketing budget, implementing global frameworks locally, engaging central teams on the most efficient activities to fuel growth across channels
- Ensuring that implementation of central channels (e.g. performance marketing) reflects your latest local commercial priorities, competitive landscape and customer insights
- Adopting a test-and-learn approach to continuously enhance executional impact and efficiency
- Seeking innovative opportunities to drive positive commercial impact and create cut-through across all channels
- Monitoring and sharing business growth indicators, recognising trends, troubleshooting issues and proactively identifying opportunities to accelerate growth
- Sharing learnings, best practice and campaign results to constantly raise the bar across the organisation to deliver best-in-class marketing
- Championing the customer, whilst working collaboratively and cross-functionally with local country management (commercial, ops, DFB) and HQ teams (Growth, Product, BI, Comms)
- Extensive experience in online and offline marketing, with proven ability to successfully develop and execute major multi-channel (360 degree), customer-centric campaigns
- Fluent in all aspects of the marketing mix - including brand, media buying, print production and graphic design, social media, content marketing, events and sponsorships
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results, from strategic planning and budgeting through to implementation and execution
- Team leadership and people management
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organisation and cross-functionally with the local leadership team
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to prepare high standard written reports
- Superb analytical skills; demonstrated success using data to make decisions that deliver results
- Passion for changing the future of food
- B2B2C marketing expertise preferred
- Fluent in English
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.