Job Description - Operation Support ManagerWhy Deliveroo?
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 14 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us. The Role
As Rider Support Manager you will be responsible for the Rider Support team. Your team provides offline support (email) for all 3,000+ Deliveroo riders in Hong Kong. Your goal is to be constantly innovating and iterating on processes within the department in order to drive efficiencies and improve the quality of service we provide to riders. Working collaboratively across all levels of your team, you will lead our efforts to improve the way the department works. Deeply embedded within the operations processes of Deliveroo in Hong Kong. Operations Support is central to our continued success through its impact on rider retention, the prompt activation of riders and the quality of support the riders receive.
You are part of the Hong Kong Operations team and report directly to the Head of Operations.
As riders are the heart of our operations, this role will also collaborate across all operations functions to improve all levels of interaction with riders.
Specifically, this role is responsible for:Responsibilities
- Providing the riders with the support of the highest quality they need to work with Deliveroo, when they need it
- Being the ultimate owner of all Operations Support KPIs
- Defining the future of Operations Support and drive the department towards it
- Markedly improving our service levels while continually seeking efficiency gains
- Creating a transparent culture, well integrated with Operations as a whole and the wider business
- Fostering an environment of progression and continuous improvement within the team and overall business
- Leading a team - introduce robust management processes and lead from the front
- Collaborating across the department and the wider business to roll out new processes
- Fostering an environment of progression and continuous improvement
- The right candidate will be hungry, ambitious and motivated to work within a fast moving environment
- Strong numeracy to make actionable insights from quantitative and qualitative data sets
- Strategic outlook and the ability to step back and zoom in as necessary
- Outstanding interpersonal and business skills. Able to quickly establish rapport and credibility with a range of stakeholders
- Conflict management skills that mitigate situations of high stress or misunderstandings. This should be supported by impeccable listening skills and emotional intelligence
- Creative thinker and able to look beyond the obvious to opportunities to derive benefit from our riders and improve their experience
- Sound stakeholder management skills and able to work well with a variety of skill sets to get stuff done
- Experienced project manager and knows how to execute multiple projects in an effective way
- Fluent in Cantonese and English
- A must-have passion for food, travel and making new connections!
- Perseverance and grit - you're a hustler and you're not afraid
- Resilience - you have the ability to bounce back and adjust when things get tough
- Active Listener - you truly engage with feedback you receive and ensure that everyone's experience is heard and considered.
- Creative thinker - you are able to think outside the box and bring forward innovative ideas
- Curiosity - you're a lifelong learner who is always striving to be outside of your comfort zone and test new ideas
Top notch people skills - you have bags of emotional intelligence which can be used to win round even the toughest of people Benefits
Life at Deliveroo
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Training throughout your time at Deliveroo to ensure continued development and management of your role
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches - Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous. Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around.