When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.You Will:
We're looking for a talented individual to join our Operations department. This team is responsible for ensuring a seamless delivery service is provided from start to finish.
Your responsibilities include:
You Will Need:
- Using analytics to improve the delivery network - identifying areas for improvement and owning innovative and data-driven solutions to increase the availability, reliability and efficiency of the network
- Matching supply and demand - using a range of measures to ensure that we have enough riders in the right place at the right time
- Working with stakeholders from other departments - ensuring coordination with upcoming operational changes as well as supporting the work of those departments where possible
- Continuously identifying opportunities for improvement - identifying, prioritising, managing, and executing projects to a deadline to improve operational performance in line with business priorities
- Experimentation - running tests to explore creative solutions and establish the levers that exist when matching supply and demand, for example a/b testing
Life at Deliveroo
- At least 3 years experience working in fast paced environments
- Analytical - able to use large data sets to extract the relevant information to both identify and resolve issues. Proficiency in SQL, MS Excel / Google Sheets is essential.
- Strategic - able to 'think big' as well as execute 'on-the-fly' via understanding the dynamics of our business
- Effective communicator - able to disseminate ideas in a clear, concise manner to the relevant stakeholders
- Track record of 'getting things done' - know when you have enough insight to make a call and apply the 80 / 20 rule - rapid high quality decision
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around.