When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three-sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of usThe Role
The primary role of Corporate Business Development Managers is to engage with new corporations and signing Deliveroo as an official supplier or partner for their office food needs (find out more about our Deliveroo for Business product here https://deliveroo.hk/en/business ). They will also liaise between Deliveroo and our Corporate Customers to provide a world-class Deliveroo experience.
The responsibilities of the Corporate Business Development Manager are:
- Growing the number of new corporate accounts in our target sectors
- Strategize and assist in the development of systems and processes to enhance the corporate sales process and shorten the sales cycle
- Assist with the launch and growth of new verticals (catering, fruit boxes, Deliveroo for Hotels)
- Identify opportunities for growth in new verticals and use cases
- Liaising with Account Managers to manage all corporate account requests
- Assist with general marketing activities including events, content and performance marketing, email campaigns and corporate client offers
- Playing a role in growing our corporate business as a whole, including developing our corporate operations, customer service, account management and marketing capabilities
The ideal candidate has a natural commercial attitude, understands the corporate world, and is highly methodical.
Life at Deliveroo
- 3+ years of relevant sales experience, B2B preferred
- Ability to persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to prospects
- A natural-born negotiator - a driven and hard-working individual
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Cantonese + English)
- You must be commercially minded, results oriented and never take no for an answer
- A team player, going above and beyond to help the team succeed
- Hong Kong market knowledge required
- Experience in the professional services industry or in a corporate environment preferred.
We are a growing team, with a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.Benefits and Diversity
- Have a real impact on the Company's growth and evolution
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- Standard health and dental insurance coverage
- Monthly exercise subsidy
- BIG Friday lunches - Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Deliveroo PLUS - never pay the delivery fee when you order food!
- Mobility laterally or upwards within the company - show us you love what you do and are good at it, and we'll notice
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start- ups around.