When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.What you will do
The HR associate will be supporting the HRBP of Hong Kong and Taiwan on a wide range of HR functions for both HK and TW. You'll be looking to learn different skills across a number of different areas within the HR function and be excited about People, Employee Engagement and having a lot of fun!
- Provide HR administration support and advice to employees and line managers, explaining policies and procedures in a timely and effective manner
- Support HRBP of HK&TW to give clear, considered and concise advice on HR issues to employees and managers in HK and TW
- Build an open, collaborative and positive relationships with employees in HK and TW
- Develop a solid relationship with global People team
- Assist HRBP of HK&TW in implementation and administration of training and development activities, including training needs analysis, training scheduling, vendor/venue sourcing, post training activities (i.e. evaluation, follow ups and training record maintenance)
- Support employee development initiatives like Teal talk, lunch and learn and etc.
- Handle compensation & benefits administration, including monthly payroll, leave management, company benefits and liaising with vendors
- Manage day-to-day HR operations including onboarding and offboarding (including exit interview), staff probationary period tracking, visa status tracking and HR related letters preparation.
- Work closely with People operations team to ensure that employee information is accurate in all the systems i.e. Workday, Greenhouse, Juro and etc.
- Manage internal people portals: updating existing content and create new pages
- Prepare/maintain HR reports/track, i.e. monthly headcount report
- Support HR process improvement projects and APAC regional / global people team initiatives (i.e. APAC exchange program, employee engagement and etc.)
- Assist in ad-hoc tasks as required
- At least 3 years working experience in HR (HRBP and payroll related experience will be a plus)
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proactive team player
- Strong execution skills
- Comfortable with ambiguous
- High learning agility
- Good command of verbal & writing in English and fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin
- Proficient in MS office applications / HR systems (knowing workday will be a plus)
- Have a real impact on the Company's growth and evolution
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- Standard health and dental insurance coverage
- Monthly exercise subsidy
- BIG Friday lunches - Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Deliveroo PLUS - never pay the delivery fee when you order food!
- Mobility laterally or upwards within the company - show us you love what you do and are good at it, and we'll notice
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start- ups around.